Why do people post here when they write Carnival?

Grits53

True, complainers do get slammed by the so called Carnival Cheerleaders. But they do get a lot of sympathy too. Case in point, the recent late and close air arrangements. Dozens on here slammed Carnival hard for misinforming the pax, and nor comping a tux, and not offering any compensation. Like Carnival had a world wide conspiracy to make that person's cruise miserable. Carnival apologized for everything but saw no compensation was due. WHY?

Net was the pax had no tux for a couple of days. Made the cruise, could have attended ANY on board event dressed ANY way at all, but no one wanted to mention that. So the pax didn't get to dress up. How much is that worth? Especially when they lead off by saying "Never again, Carnival?"

Sometimes a complainer tells his extensive tale of woe and someone else comes on and says, "I was on that cruise too and saw NONE of those problems." That person can get slammed by the "Bashers" just as hard as the complainers gets it from the "Cheerleaders!"

Its a wash.

Dan

True, complainers do get slammed by the so called Carnival Cheerleaders. But they do get a lot of sympathy too. Case in point, the recent late and close air arrangements. Dozens on here slammed Carnival hard for misinforming the pax, and nor comping a tux, and not offering any compensation. Like Carnival had a world wide conspiracy to make that person's cruise miserable. Carnival apologized for everything but saw no compensation was due. WHY?

Net was the pax had no tux for a couple of days. Made the cruise, could have attended ANY on board event dressed ANY way at all, but no one wanted to mention that. So the pax didn't get to dress up. How much is that worth? Especially when they lead off by saying "Never again, Carnival?"

Sometimes a complainer tells his extensive tale of woe and someone else comes on and says, "I was on that cruise too and saw NONE of those problems." That person can get slammed by the "Bashers" just as hard as the complainers gets it from the "Cheerleaders!"

Its a wash.

Dan

I can only speak for myself...........I slammed because I see no logic that Carnival offers air service that books customers with a small window of time before a cruise.....

Its a wash.

Dan

Dan - I've asked others and I'll ask you - What would you consider a valid reason to complain? I'm really interested.

I can only speak for myself...........I slammed because I see no logic that Carnival offers air service that books customers with a small window of time before a cruise.....

Carnival is not responsible for when the airlines book a flight, the airline is. The pax can make arrangements to leave a day early, or change the reservations. If you would have bothered to read the letter from Carnival that was sent to the pax, it said that Carnival is not responsible for any problems with the airlines. So many things can happen when flying, especially when flying in the winter, so nobody can blame Carnival for something that they are not responsible for.

Carnival is not responsible for when the airlines book a flight, the airline is. The pax can make arrangements to leave a day early, or change the reservations. If you would have bothered to read the letter from Carnival that was sent to the pax, it said that Carnival is not responsible for any problems with the airlines. So many things can happen when flying, especially when flying in the winter, so nobody can blame Carnival for something that they are not responsible for.

You need to go read all the threads regarding Carnival air........then we can talk;)

Seems like everyone (who knows about CC) who feels the need to write a letter of complaint to Carnival also feels the need to post it here.

I fail to see why they want to share their complaints with a forum where Carnival fans gather? :confused: Are they trying to turn us against Carnival, or do they simply want a shoulder to cry on?

It is common knowledge that some people are NEVER happy with ANYTHING in life, and they are going to complain about it. People like this look for the negative in everything and are always vocal about it. Some of us need to accept this and let them complain without turning the thread into 294711527 pages of varied responses. OK, off my soap box now. :cool:

I'm starting to think that I should post a copy of every letter of PRAISE that I send to Carnival. Would you like to join me? ;)

Yes, there may be fans here, but there are also people here just trying to get some information, that may not live on these boards.

Personally, I skip threads if they are no interest to me. But I will always open one if it looks juicy. I would be bored to probably read a letter of praise, unless it contained somehting so over the top to make it interesting.

Knowledge is power.

Ignorance is bliss.

Hmmmmmm.

Carnival took their money for flights that Carnival deemed were ok...when they weren't then Carnival should have to take the blame...fine print or not. I don't care how a company goes about legally disavowing all responsibility for their actions, we still know (or should) that right is right and wrong is wrong. Sometimes a person/company/entity can be completely legally right and totally 100% morally and ethically wrong. And of course it is completely your right to think that's ok.

Carnival took their money for flights that Carnival deemed were ok...when they weren't then Carnival should have to take the blame...fine print or not. I don't care how a company goes about legally disavowing all responsibility for their actions, we still know (or should) that right is right and wrong is wrong. Sometimes a person/company/entity can be completely legally right and totally 100% morally and ethically wrong. And of course it is completely your right to think that's ok.

It does not make any difference what any of us think. This is the contract that everyone that sails with Carnival agrees to before they book a cruise.

© Carnival shall not be liable for: (1) Guest’s failure to comply with the requirements set forth in Clauses 4(a) and 4(b); (2) any loss or damage before baggage comes into Carnival’s actual custody on board or after baggage leaves Carnival’s actual custody on board, including, but not limited to, loss or damage by airlines or other transportation services; (3) any loss or damage of baggage while not in the actual possession, custody and control of Carnival; (4) damage due to wear, tear or normal usage; (5) any loss or damage of perishable items, medicine, liquor, cash, securities or other financial instruments, or (6) any loss or damage while in the custody and control of stevedores.

It does not make any difference what any of us think. This is the contract that everyone that sails with Carnival agrees to before they book a cruise.

© Carnival shall not be liable for: (1) Guest’s failure to comply with the requirements set forth in Clauses 4(a) and 4(b); (2) any loss or damage before baggage comes into Carnival’s actual custody on board or after baggage leaves Carnival’s actual custody on board, including, but not limited to, loss or damage by airlines or other transportation services; (3) any loss or damage of baggage while not in the actual possession, custody and control of Carnival; (4) damage due to wear, tear or normal usage; (5) any loss or damage of perishable items, medicine, liquor, cash, securities or other financial instruments, or (6) any loss or damage while in the custody and control of stevedores.

What does loss or damage to luggage have to do with what we are talking about:confused:

The luggage wasn't lost or damaged. They knew exactly where the luggage was the entire time. They just didn't have access to it because of the ridiculous flights that have been scheduled by Carnival.

The luggage wasn't lost or damaged. They knew exactly where the luggage was the entire time. They just didn't have access to it because of the ridiculous flights that have been scheduled by Carnival.

They did not have access to the luggage because it did not make it to the ship, hence Carnival is not responsible. Read the contract again.

Pegs - I have asked G'ma and Dan40 this question and neither have replied. I would like to ask you - What in your opinion would constitute a valid complaint? I'm sincerely interested.

If Carnival denied them the opportunity to castigate and whip anyone that even thought of possibly thinking of even one tiny thing that Carnival might have done wrong. That would probably make them really upset with Carnival.

*fingers crossed* I hope I don't meet any of these Ultra-Orthodox Carnivangelists on my next cruise... on Carnival.

They did not have access to the luggage because it did not make it to the ship, hence Carnival is not responsible. Read the contract again.

Good lord you have no idea what you are talking about...........

READ THE THREAD.........

Some of us need to accept this and let them complain without turning the thread into 294711527 pages of varied responses. OK, off my soap box now. :cool:

Am I the only one that thinks that this thread being up to page 3 is ironic? Only 294711524 to go ;)

Having read a number of these it seems that the people who post those are mainly looking for support of their position... As in every report, be it a ship... a port... or an excursion, it's opinion and always one sided.

Some folks, it seems, need to poke their complaints in the faces of those they perceive to be Carnival (or whatever other line...) cheerleaders. It's as if to say 'You think this cruise line is so great... well... look at what they did to me!!!'

I try to approach these openly and with a bit of logic but that's generally perceived as being pro Carnival.

Much like as in any situation where customers are involved, you don't hear as often, or as loudly, from those folks who are satisfied as those who have an ax to grind...

Just my $.02...

:)

Once again Mach you are correct.:D

Pegs - I have asked G'ma and Dan40 this question and neither have replied. I would like to ask you - What in your opinion would constitute a valid complaint? I'm sincerely interested.

I have been so lucky on our cruises, enjoyed them all with only one minor problem when we were in Hawaii. I am easy to please and unless it was something huge, I would not complain about it. Am I a "Carnival Cheerleader", probably but only because I have never sailed another linem I have only been on four cruises and have enjoyed our time on the ships and in ports very much. Carnival has all these rules and regulations that they can and do enforce. I doubt that many people, including me, actually read all the rules. I had to look for the one I posted here. I was not even sure just what the language was. Saying that, if someone does have a complaint, and there are many that do, it better be legitimate or Carnival can and will deny it.

Good lord you have no idea what you are talking about...........

READ THE THREAD.........

You truly are the most belligerent poster on this board. I know very well what I am talking about. You do not need to yell, I am not on the other side of Wal-Mart.

Archived