17 and under sail free this summer

lovetovacation

I believe in the bad economy all cruise lines are having trouble filling their ships. I have seen many specials on line for DCL crusies and several other lines too.

I know Disney just laid off a lot of hourly workers because park attendance is way down and their hotel reservations for this summer are way down too.

I am sure the cruiseline is the same way.

I noticed they gave Florida residents rates on almost every 3 and 4 day cruise for the past 6 months which they have never done during peak spring break or holiday seasons. When they give discounts, its not because they are feeling generous, they are in the business to make money. So it has to be to fill the ships.

But if a person wants to cruise, this is the time to watch for those specials and take advantage fo them.

Also some people want to wait and book the new ships in 2011 and 2012 instead of cruising in 2010 or 09.

Did anyone else get this offer via email? If booking today for the summer it appears to offer good rates. Does this mean that DCL is having a hard time filling its ships for the summer? Thanks.

No, wah, I didn't get this email. Can you please elaborate??? I'm traveling solo with 13 y.o. DD and would love to take one of her friends...

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked a 7 day cruise on Magic and our two kids were free!! The offer was sent to my friend through e-mail and she could book up to 2 cabins for this price. I did not get the e-mail and she has never been on a Disney Cruise before! It had a pin number in the e-mail she had to use but the offer was Ks 17 and under sail FREE,

"17 an under sail free on most 7-Night Caribbean Cruises 6/6/09-8/29/09, with two full-fare Guests in the same stateroom. Government Taxes and Fees not included."

This was the fine print: "Offer applies to new bookings only. The number of staterooms allocated for this offer is limited. Offer is nontransferable. Must provide PIN at time of booking. Only two bookings/staterooms per PIN. Other offers, discounts or onboard credits do not apply. See Disney Cruise Line brochure for cruise details and applicable terms and conditions"

So you would have to have two paying fares in the room. We have a 16 and a 14 year old so it was a good deal for us! Not sure how she got the e-mail but glad we were able to take advantage of it and travel with our friends! There was probably no way we could have sailed on Disney for 7 days with 4 people without this deal!

Archived