smoking policy

momjkm

Thanks for the heads up on the Splendor. I have doe the mexican riveria three times on the Pride and loved it. But, if I can't smoke around the pool area on the Lido deck I won't be sailing this ship. Guess I will be on rccl. Tried ncl once on the mexican riveria and didn't like the ship.

Welcome to California:D BTW RCCL you cannot smoke in your cabin;)

That is what I have read from one poster here...maybe someone can confirm it, or I can in a few weeks...LOL

They did say that they had to go one deck up and to the aft to smoke outside...so there is outdoor smoking areas.

Get more info before you make a decision. ;)

It is true. And also no smoking in the Piano bar...

Wow.....

Yeah, I was just going to ask who you thought was a "spite smoker" on this thread, but I thik we already know ...:D

Like it or not, smokers will continue to lose their rights. Virginia, owner of the dubious title of tobacco capital of the world, just passed a non-smoking law. Times they are a-changin' ;)

I posted about Celebrity's Smoking policy and then was lambasted by thirty some people telling me to burn in hell for having a habit and asserting that on the BALCONY in OPEN-AIR I was wrong to think I should be able to smoke. People just can't seem to accept that others don't have to heed their opinions.

But you can on your balcony. And on the starboard side on the Lido deck which you cannot do on the Splendor.

The design of the lido deck makes it an interior space on the Splendor.

There is a dome that encloses it.

Like it or not, smokers will continue to lose their rights. Virginia, owner of the dubious title of tobacco capital of the world, just passed a non-smoking law. Times they are a-changin' ;)

We haven't been able to smoke in the bars, clubs, and restaurants in NJ and NY for a couple of years now. It's shocking when you go to place like PA and it's still legal. (Or it was the last time I went out to a bar in PA.)

Yep........and I think that is the real reason for all the anger;) And deniel of course:D

We haven't been able to smoke in the bars, clubs, and restaurants in NJ and NY for a couple of years now. It's shocking when you go to place like PA and it's still legal. (Or it was the last time I went out to a bar in PA.)

I was shocked when I went into a Dennys in Connecticut and was able to smoke !

First week on the patch! .. No urges...

Funny when it's cheaper to buy pot in NYC than cigarettes lol!

It is not interior when it is open..........

The roof is a few stories up and you can explain to everyone when the can and can't smoke with the opening and closing of the roof....I'm sure that would go smooth...cruisers are so reasonable and understanding of basic rules....LOL :rolleyes::p

PB - you think Customs would have an issue with that three way :confused:

nooooo....no problem at all

Yeah, I was living in Jersey when it was still allowed. We would take my infant DD to a "family" restaurant, and they would plop us down next to a four-top with all four diners puffing away - usually forcing us to find another place to eat. We ate out very little during that time.:o

In southern parts of VA, they allow smoking in fast food restaurants. Very odd walking into the Wendy's and seeing little tin ashtrays on the tables.

I am a cigar smoker, but would never smoke indoors except in a bar/lounge setting, so I don't really mind the restrictions.

How do you know??? :p:p

I was shocked when I went into a Dennys in Connecticut and was able to smoke !

I was out in Michigan a couple of years ago and the waitress at the IHOP asked us if we wanted smoking or non-smoking. I admit I looked at her cock-eyed and took a minute to process the request.

First week on the patch! .. No urges...

Good for you. I've been a month tobacco free. I still get the urges though, mainly due to stress or boredom.

Yeah, and the pot doesn't have the anti-incendiary chemicals in it ...:D

I won't ask how you know that...LOL

Curious...I wonder what is "stepped on" more in between being picked and ending up in "consumers" hands cigarettes or pot?

:p

I don't really mind the restrictions.

I do. Remember that painted lady I told you about a few weeks back....she would have been much better with a smoke. I can't believe this state is going in this direction...:cool:

I was out in Michigan a couple of years ago and the waitress at the IHOP asked us if we wanted smoking or non-smoking. I admit I looked at her cock-eyed and took a minute to process the request.

So you had the same face in Michigan as I had in Connecticut..

Good for you. I've been a month tobacco free. I still get the urges though, mainly due to stress or boredom.

The patch is really helping with the Jonesing.. I am shocked how much it helps!

Yeah, and the pot doesn't have the anti-incendiary chemicals in it ...:D

LMAO.. and much better side effects (for those who smoke it of course, not me) :p

The roof is a few stories up and you can explain to everyone when the can and can't smoke with the opening and closing of the roof....I'm sure that would go smooth...cruisers are so reasonable and understanding of basic rules....LOL :rolleyes::p

Yeah you are right.......smokers get really angry when you are not real clear to where they can smoke or not;)

Archived