smoking policy

momjkm

No, however whatever they use to clean them, if anyone previously smoked in the cabin, you won't smell it. After four cruises on Carnival, I've never smelled the trace of smoke in any of my cabins. (And I have had to change hotel rooms because of traces of smoke in the rooms but no problem on the ship.)

Agreed. My wife is also very sensitive to this, and we have never had a problem. The cabin stewards seem to clean the rooms so well that there is no lingering smell. Unlike hotel rooms there is a real lack of hidden surfaces. Almost everything is built in.

On the Triumph, I remember that when you left the rear dinning room, you faced the cigar lounge. You were hit with a wall of that smell as you left dinner. I suggested they close the door to that lounge for those hours... and they did try...but it was a bad location IMO.

Now I have my two cents worth. I have friend that was on The Splendor back in November, and she got a comp upgrade to a Spa Suite. This was done at the pier, and without her request or knowledge until she checked in. She had no clue it was a "non" smoking cabin, and when she got in there, and saw the sign about smoking, she went balistic. She called the hotel manager, and was told by him, and confirmed by her room steward that she could in fact smoke in her cabin because of the confusion, and lack of avaibility of a different room. During the week, she was told by her room steward that almost 50% of the people that are in Spa Cabins smoke! He said he never reports it because of the possible threat of losing a tip, so he lets it slide. He said to his knowlege, NONE of his coworkers have never turned in a guest for smoking in the spa cabins. He also added that one non smoking cabin complained because of the smoke in the spa cabin hallway, and not ONE thing was done.

So to sum it all up, it happens, and can't be avoided. Smokers will always smoke, and non smokers will always complain. when it comes to Cruises, the staff won't do anything to jeporadize his or her tip, so it's best we all get along because it isn't going away anytime soon.

I was interested to read that you cannot smoke in your room on the Oasis, and now have read here that you cannot smoke in your room on any RCI ship?? Wow. That, combined with high prices, how do they stay in business? I guess there are more rich non-smokers out there than I thought! But seeing what the tax is on cigarettes now, I guess, in part that is HOW they got rich. BTW, has anyone see pics of Patrick Swayze recently? Poor guy.

Used to.....m'kay.....:rolleyes::p

I was interested to read that you cannot smoke in your room on the Oasis, and now have read here that you cannot smoke in your room on any RCI ship?? Wow. That, combined with high prices, how do they stay in business? I guess there are more rich non-smokers out there than I thought! But seeing what the tax is on cigarettes now, I guess, in part that is HOW they got rich. BTW, has anyone see pics of Patrick Swayze recently? Poor guy.

Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer, not lung cancer.

mmm ok whatever

Be nice...:cool:

But seeing what the tax is on cigarettes now, I guess, in part that is HOW they got rich

HUH?

Don't even get me started on the smoke tax and what the tax is being used to fund....GRRRRr....:mad:

So to sum it all up, it happens, and can't be avoided. Smokers will always smoke, and non smokers will always complain. when it comes to Cruises, the staff won't do anything to jeporadize his or her tip, so it's best we all get along because it isn't going away anytime soon.

Wait a minute who was complaining in this instant:confused:

Wrong.

Wrong, again.

As posted several times: There are many non-smoking cabins on the Victory. All of the forward port side cabins on the Upper Deck were designated non-smoking cabins by Carnival. There were non-smoking signs posted on the doors to ALL of these cabins when we sailed 11-30-08 / 12-7-08. Unless you can provide a picture of these "nonsmoking" signs, I will rely on the information I just received from Warren, PVP, at Carnival. There are NO nonsmoking cabins on Victory. The smoking policy is consistent fleet-wide EXCEPT on those new ships with the dedicated Spa cabins and Spa area...where there is non-smoking.

Until you have the time and money to saileach and every ship and stay in all the cabins or at least tour all the areas of the ship it is ludicrous to say that smoking is allowed in all of the cabins.

From the horses mouth. I can appreciate "wishful thinking"....I am always wishing to win the lottery....;)

Be nice...:cool:

I said I was not militant, I never claimed to be nice LMAO! (actually I am very.. lol)

HUH?

Don't even get me started on the smoke tax and what the tax is being used to fund....GRRRRr....:mad:

Yea really.. :rolleyes:

Archived