PVP Blues

DG2004

so our old PVP left to go sell cruises on the Liberty (maybe she will come back:().

We have been through several PVPs since and none of them have measured up.

anyone else have this problem?

so our old PVP left to go sell cruises on the Liberty (maybe she will come back:().

Just sent an email to mine and got a phone message from someone else as she is gone. We'll see how this one does.

When I called to make my final payment I was told the person I was booking with wasn't a PVP and shouldn't have given me his number. She said she was going to email me my confirmation email and her info but I never got it. So I'm about to call Carnival now and see if I can get a new one.

I'm on my third PVP. I hate changing. You like to think they remember you from time to time even if they don't. Our first was the best, and the person we have now has been great...the middle one left much to be desired but he also stayed the shortest time.

Before you give up on your PVP (especially if you like him/her), call back several times and ask for them, as we were told three times this year that ours had left yet when I called his cell phone, he told me it's very cut-throat over there that PVP's are taking other PVP's customers to take the commission earned off of the cruise.

Ask your PVP if they have a cell number for you, this has been our saving grace. We call him on his personal cell and he will call us back from Carnival and help us any way we need.:D

It's funny, when you find one you like, you have to hold on to them!

Before you give up on your PVP (especially if you like him/her), call back several times and ask for them, as we were told three times this year that ours had left yet when I called his cell phone, he told me it's very cut-throat over there that PVP's are taking other PVP customers to take the commission earned off of the cruise.

Ask your PVP if they have a cell number for you, this has been our saving grace. We call him on his personal cell and he will call us back from Carnival and help us any way we need.:D

It's funny, when you find one you like, you have to hold on to them!

Hey Deb, maybe your PVP can get your a SOAS :D

Sorry OP for hijacking your thread.

We had a PVP for our last cruise to Europe in September 2008. She booked the cruise and air and that was it. I had asked her to help us with hotels in London and Rome as we were staying there two days, she never helped us. I wrote her in December 2007, she never wrote me back. We ended up going through a TA. I would rather have pay money to a TA then to have the frustration of staying with that TA. I never even considered going with another TA as I just did not think at that point they would be able to help us with this trip.

No, mine is excellent. But, I cannot say more than that because I got flamed by CC.:eek:

Been using the same PVP for the past several years! She is absolutely fantastic. We book everything through her - airline tickets, transport from the airport to the ship, and of course the cruise - and the return trip as well. Additionally, she has helped with room decorations etc when Carnival's web gift site would not operate properly.

Good luck in finding a good PVP; if I could tell you her name and number, I would, but than I'd get my hand slapped for not following CC rules and regulations.

See you on the Seas

George

Yesterdaystime

I am not knocking PVPs, I just don't understand the allure of them. I book all my cruises, make payments and ask questions with whoever answers the phone. I get reps all the time that give me their personal extension and want me to use them exclusively. However, the few times I have called them directly they are never in. I usually don't have time to wait around hoping they will call me back. True, some of the reps I have gotten were much better then others, but you can always just call back and get another one. I stay up to date on the prices, etc. When I call to book I know exactly what I want and exactly what it costs. I am sure the personal touch of having your own PVP is nice, but I really haven't found the need for one.

Archived