Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

why are not you guys having this daily conversation on your roll call board???

you have hijacked this thread.

Big green

Since Daring started this thread, I hardly think she has hijacked it. She asked if anyone just wants to talk about cruising on the Gem because they are excited about it.

Most of us are not on the same sailing.

You are certainly welcome to ignore this thread.

Since Daring started this thread, I hardly think she has hijacked it. She asked if anyone just wants to talk about cruising on the Gem because they are excited about it.

Most of us are not on the same sailing.

You are certainly welcome to ignore this thread.

you are correct--ignored.

BG

Sometimes when there are several things flying through your head to say, it is better to say nothing. As you may know, the roll calls are filled with people desperate to find tour shares, so chatter about other things that may or may not be important to some, get in the way. On this thread we are all interested in sharing the excitement of planning and sharing our experiences before and after the cruise. Thank you for sharing that with me. :p

Sometimes when there are several things flying through your head to say, it is better to say nothing. As you may know, the roll calls are filled with people desperate to find tour shares, so chatter about other things that may or may not be important to some, get in the way. On this thread we are all interested in sharing the excitement of planning and sharing our experiences before and after the cruise. Thank you for sharing that with me. :p

I have been reading this thread for a while and I just want to say that excitement from all the poster has made me feel positive about this cruise. I have learned so much and it has been very helpful. I cannot wait to read reviews from all of you that are going on this cruise before me!!!

Judi

I'm taking athletic shoes. I know they won't get used a lot since the cruise is so port intensive, but they also come in handy if I end up with blisters and need a break from my other pairs of shoes.

Yep, good idea.

1. When you got to the ship, did you give them all your luggage including carry ons or did you keep anything with you.

2. What did you have to eat that was fab and what time did you get on the ship and what time did you have lunch?

3. How many people were in your cabin and how tight was it?

4. Did you visit the spa? Any reduced prices?

Sorry if I missed the answers somewhere.

There are review boards available above and also ports of call boards available where a lot of threads are posted and roll call boards available etc. that accomplish everthing you mention above--so what is new??

Big green

I went out shopping DH this morning. Of course, he had not even thought about what clothes he will be taking. :)

So we purchased 3 pairs of pants and two pair of shoes. The man will only shop when dragged to the store.

Also, picked up secure money pouch and adapters/converters.

I was looking for a Pacsafe small bag for myself, but the store didn't carry it. If I am going to order one, I had better do it now!

There are review boards available above and also ports of call boards available where a lot of threads are posted and roll call boards available etc. that accomplish everthing you mention above--so what is new??

Big green

We are new! And in keeping with the subject of the thread, we are excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean. How about you? You look like you've been around a bit. Where is the Spirit going? Are you not excited? Don't you want to share that excitement? Don't you have interesting stuff to share with us. I'm sure you could be helpful with our planning since you have sailed so many times and on NCL too.

Bannda,

I'm glad to see you are getting down to those final details. My DH is the same way about shopping, but that is why they have us, right? :rolleyes: I wonder if Missi will be home tomorrow to tell us about her trip. I'm ready to welcome her back.

Bannda,

I'm glad to see you are getting down to those final details. My DH is the same way about shopping, but that is why they have us, right? :rolleyes: I wonder if Missi will be home tomorrow to tell us about her trip. I'm ready to welcome her back.

It seems like Missi has been gone forever! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope she'll have lots of great tips for us.

I'm beginning to feel like things are falling into place now. Yay.

Hi

For those that are staying in Barcelona pre-cruise, are you catching a taxi in the airport to your hotel or pre-arranging some sort of transportation?

We are not staying in Las Ramblas area, so i don't think taking public transportation makes sense?

Thanks and getting very excited about the trip!

Big green

This is a popular thread BG, as you'll see by the fact its got over 600 posts in and over 8000 views, and this is about the right place for it. On a roll call board you wouldn't get all the different sailings that you get here, and if you read the changes on the Europe section of the ports of call board, you'll see that the Med is going to be split by country shortly so we'd have to post under 4 different countries to tie it together. In terms of reviews, we're previewing the cruise by discussing our excitement rather than doing much reviewing, so again, that section wouldn't be more appropriate.

Why do you have a problem with it? As mentioned earlier, just stick it on ignore if you don't like it.

We are new! And in keeping with the subject of the thread, we are excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean. How about you? You look like you've been around a bit. Where is the Spirit going? Are you not excited? Don't you want to share that excitement? Don't you have interesting stuff to share with us. I'm sure you could be helpful with our planning since you have sailed so many times and on NCL too.

Bannda,

I share on the roll call boards and the port of call boards--the things I share

relate to a larger audience than you are targeting with your shopping for pants etc. and other

more one person related items--i just do no think this should be on the main Norwegian CC board

--my-opinion--- do what you want-- i think if you went to roll call board it would help you enjoy your cruise more.

Big Green

Hi

For those that are staying in Barcelona pre-cruise, are you catching a taxi in the airport to your hotel or pre-arranging some sort of transportation?

We're staying at the hotel Jazz and planning to get the airport bus, which stops less than a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. When we go to the ship we'll take a taxi.

This is a popular thread BG, as you'll see by the fact its got over 600 posts in and over 8000 views, and this is about the right place for it. On a roll call board you wouldn't get all the different sailings that you get here, and if you read the changes on the Europe section of the ports of call board, you'll see that the Med is going to be split by country shortly so we'd have to post under 4 different countries to tie it together. In terms of reviews, we're previewing the cruise by discussing our excitement rather than doing much reviewing, so again, that section wouldn't be more appropriate.

Why do you have a problem with it? As mentioned earlier, just stick it on ignore if you don't like it.

Ok--but numbers are deceiving when most the same people account for

most the posts and most of the views.

Big green

Sorry, daring I missed these questions first time round.

Originally Posted by daring viewpost.gif

1. When you got to the ship, did you give them all your luggage including carry ons or did you keep anything with you.

No, we kept our carry on with us. In it was our swimwear which we definitely needed. Lots of people roasting in their travelling clothes till late afternoon.

2. What did you have to eat that was fab and what time did you get on the ship and what time did you have lunch?

We must have got on the ship at around 11 am, maybe slightly earlier. We had a delicious lunch at approx 1 pm in Grand Pacific.

3. How many people were in your cabin and how tight was it?

Two people in the cabin, not tight at all, (I'm from the UK by the way so that may make a difference. Your hotel rooms are a lot bigger than ours). Two comfortable single beds with bedside table separating them, corner vanity unit, chair, stool, tv on a unit, below this a coffee maker on table. I've just remembered there were two electric sockets (night light was very handy, thanks to whoever suggested it). Double wardrobe, small chest of drawers, shelving unit for more clothes, fridge -I used to place an iced water in of a night and the ice was still in it in the morning - well I was impressed!! A safe and of course a bathroom.

4. Did you visit the spa? Any reduced prices?

No, but I think they did offer reduced prices I just can't remember the details. I know something was 'only 89 dollars' I just don't know what it was??????

I share on the roll call boards and the port of call boards--the things I share

relate to a larger audience than you are targeting with your shopping for pants etc. and other

more one person related items--i just do no think this should be on the main Norwegian CC board

--my-opinion--- do what you want-- i think if you went to roll call board it would help you enjoy your cruise more.

Big Green

There's not too many people in my roll call (about 4) and they basically want to share tours. I think here it's also interesting to be able to see how people react to the cruise itself, it's kind of like roll call + review + port talk... only thing is it's a bit american, maybe. I just get ignored, invisible, for some reason. "people just pass me by on the [thread] without a glance in my direction" :p so I basically read

There's not too many people in my roll call (about 4) and they basically want to share tours. I think here it's also interesting to be able to see how people react to the cruise itself, it's kind of like roll call + review + port talk... only thing is it's a bit american, maybe. I just get ignored, invisible, for some reason. "people just pass me by on the [thread] without a glance in my direction" :p so I basically read

OH NO :eek: Were becoming a disfunctional family!! LOL. Trust me, I'm trying to take this trip so want be too American. I want to become a well seasoned and open minded world traveler. I'm listening and learning chap and green.

I don't mind beeing invisible, really ;) I'm just as excited as you all and so is my husband. I'm just afraid my children might get sick before the cruise... is anyone doing anything to prevent this? My son just got suddenly sick today for no reason and it struck me again: what if it happens just before the cruise? :eek: Even a mild cold will probably prevent you from boarding... :confused:

I don't mind beeing invisible, really ;) I'm just as excited as you all and so is my husband. I'm just afraid my children might get sick before the cruise... is anyone doing anything to prevent this? My son just got suddenly sick today for no reason and it struck me again: what if it happens just before the cruise? :eek: Even a mild cold will probably prevent you from boarding... :confused:

Since you asked, get a good balance of exercise and rest, eat a well balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegies, and maybe take a little vit C everyday. If you get sick put on a mask and say you are a germaphobe. ;) What kind of illness are you talking about?

Thanks again YTZ, very helpful.

Hi Chapichapo, I want to apologize for not responding to your posts. I didn't feel like I could offer you any useful information because my kids are so much older. All of our vacations when they were little involved the beach or Disneyworld. I don't recall them being sick on any vacations though. I think we were lucky.

I hope your kids are well when you take your cruise! I hope they have lots of fun!

One more thing....I wanted to ask you about your username "Chapichapo". My kids used to watch it here in the States on Nickelodeon. Since I saw your name, that little song keeps running through my head.:o)

Thanks, don't worry about it.

I used to watch "chapi chapo" as a kid and loved it and so did my husband. So we bought a DVD for my son and he was the biggest fan a couple of years ago. It's kind of forgotten now, I'll digg it out of the shelve but he was such a fan! They're really cute and the song is definitly a hit! :D I generally use cinanina as a nickname but for some reason I can't recall I chose this nick when I registered.

I think my son has caught one of those throat virus, he's just sick, we'll have to go to the doctor if he doesn't get better. He generally doesn't complain much but he has a fever. And I just tought "what if this happens the day before the cruise?" We really must have a good diet, eat lots of oranges and be extra carefull.

How old are your kids. My oldest is probably your age and working on her doctric. By the way, I like to use lysine (? spelling) for sore throats.

Missi,

If you come back while I'm not here:

I missed you, welcome back!

Hello all! I'm home! My watch, still set on Barcelona time, tells me that it is 4:00 AM...yikes! This was an amazing cruise, and yes, we took advantage of the cruise rewards offer, $250 deposit for $100 onboard credit now, with 4 YEARS to take the next cruise! You read that right, they have extended it to 4 years now to take the next cruise with this offer.

I skimmed through the last weeks postings, saw lots of questions, but am really too exhausted to try and answer anything tonight. If you're still looking for answers, just ask again and I will see if I can help.

Oh, and did I say already that this was an amazing cruise? You are all in for the time of your lives!

Thanks, don't worry about it.

I used to watch "chapi chapo" as a kid and loved it and so did my husband. So we bought a DVD for my son and he was the biggest fan a couple of years ago. It's kind of forgotten now, I'll digg it out of the shelve but he was such a fan! They're really cute and the song is definitly a hit! :D I generally use cinanina as a nickname but for some reason I can't recall I chose this nick when I registered.

I think my son has caught one of those throat virus, he's just sick, we'll have to go to the doctor if he doesn't get better. He generally doesn't complain much but he has a fever. And I just tought "what if this happens the day before the cruise?" We really must have a good diet, eat lots of oranges and be extra carefull.

Did you go to the doctor today? I hope your son is feeling better.

I do love your screen name. As soon as you first posted, it took me back to my kids being little. :) That was fun.

Archived