Cost of Wine in the dining room

savva0122

I wonder if anyone who has recently been on the QV (or other Cunard vessel, for that matter) could advice on the price of wine in the dining room? I heard the cheapest bottle was $30.

Many thanks

GARRY

I wonder if anyone who has recently been on the QV (or other Cunard vessel, for that matter) could advice on the price of wine in the dining room? I heard the cheapest bottle was $30.

Many thanks

GARRY

Hi Garry, I remember on the QM2 that there was a fair selection of wines in the $20's we normally have a Nobilo Sauv Blanc for about $35. But have had decent stuff in the $28 mark. On the higher end, they do anything up to $2500 and more!!

Do what I do, have 3 martini's before dinner - then you wont worry about the price! (but I wish I could say it makes me drink less).

As an aside, something interesing... we have been in Britannia and Princess - the service in PG was so much faster that we barely got through a bottle of wine and sometimes had some left for the following day (completely unlike us, a friend once bought us a champange stopper.. what's the point of that?) wereas in Brit. we always started a second bottle each night...

Gary

Gary

In PG last October we paid $48 for Sancerre, a very nice wine and not badly priced.......there is quite a good selection as Gary said in the $20 to $35 region though.

Bearing in mind that DH only drinks the wine of Scotland ;) So the wine was all mine!

On the bar list wine by the glass is priced at $5.75 for house, $7.00 for select and $8.25 for premium.

Ask your sommelier for suggestions in your price range, they are normally excellent with their choice.

Jackie :)

In PG last October we paid $48 for Sancerre, a very nice wine and not badly priced.......there is quite a good selection as Gary said in the $20 to $35 region though.

Bearing in mind that DH only drinks the wine of Scotland ;) So the wine was all mine!

On the bar list wine by the glass is priced at $5.75 for house, $7.00 for select and $8.25 for premium.

Ask your sommelier for suggestions in your price range, they are normally excellent with their choice.

WOW...3 weeks ago in most bars a basic glass of wine was around $8. I want the $5.75 wine!

But to answer for the cost of a bottle...$30 was the average price.

What made it worse for me, was the conversion to Australian $.

Would i spend it again....YOU BET..it was still worth every penny !

Cheers,

Sharon

WOW...3 weeks ago in most bars a basic glass of wine was around $8. I want the $5.75 wine!

Would i spend it again....YOU BET..it was still worth every penny !

Cheers,

Sharon

Yikes Sharon!

Wondering if that was because you were on a segment of the WC, or maybe the prices have all gone up!

To be honest, l really don't bother too much, l just have what l want, within reason of course! ;)

Many thanks

GARRY

I was on a segment of the World Cruise. Yes $ 30 plus 15% US the cheapest.

Yep can confirm that the cheapest bottle of wine (red) is $30 US plus 15%.

Your other option is to take wine on with you and pay the corkage.

We ended up doing this and had a nice bottle of wine every night for a lot cheaper than on the menu. The corkage cost is $15 per bottle but no 15% surcharge. You can actually take your bottles down altogether and your sommelier will have them decanted and waiting for you each night - this also gives you the opportunity to taste some of the wines of the regions you are visiting each night.

Hope this helps - if you have anywhere near as good a time as us you will remember your holiday forever.

Archived