Need help with LA hotel!

sgriff17

Hi everyone!! I need all LA CC help in deciding a HM type hotel in the LA area (prefer Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area and I am on a somewhat limited budget, would ideally like to keep it under $250/night) :rolleyes:

I really wanted to stay at the Renaissance Hollywood, but they are sold out! :-( I have been looking at the Beverly Hilton as well, but then came across these 2 properties, Le Montrose Suites and Roosevelt. Anyone know the LA area well? They both have decent reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com, but Le Montrose has a lot of good reviews and some other ones who say "it is employees or management making me suspicious of how nice it really is." :confused: :confused: This is our 1st 2 nights of the honeymoon and I want to stay someone nice and centrally located in LA. We will also be staying 1 night in Long Beach prior to our cruise!! Any help on these two properties would be great. Willing to take other recommendations as well!! We will be in LA from 5/26 to 5/28

Thanks so much!:D

Ashley

Ashley-- it is a little over your budget but Loews Santa Monica is absolutely breathtaking and right on the beach. Expedia has rooms there for $269 and I didn't check the Loews website but there may be seem better prices there. We go to LA fairly often and while I like Bev Hills, Santa Monica is really fun with lots of good restaurants, people watching and the beach!!

In Beverly Hills you may want to look at the Park Hyatt or Loews Beverly Hills...they are both very plush properties.

It does seem that a lot of the better hotels are filled already for you dates so I would not put off booking if possible. Have fun!!

Hi everyone!! I need all LA CC help in deciding a HM type hotel in the LA area (prefer Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area and I am on a somewhat limited budget, would ideally like to keep it under $250/night) :rolleyes:

I really wanted to stay at the Renaissance Hollywood, but they are sold out! :-( I have been looking at the Beverly Hilton as well, but then came across these 2 properties, Le Montrose Suites and Roosevelt. Anyone know the LA area well? They both have decent reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, but Le Montrose has a lot of good reviews and some other ones who say "it is employees or management making me suspicious of how nice it really is." :confused: :confused: This is our 1st 2 nights of the honeymoon and I want to stay someone nice and centrally located in LA. We will also be staying 1 night in Long Beach prior to our cruise!! Any help on these two properties would be great. Willing to take other recommendations as well!! We will be in LA from 5/26 to 5/28

Thanks so much!:D

Ashley

Hi, Ashley! I did a lot of investigating into L.A.-area hotels with the help of L.A. folks here on CC, as well as through reading. If you are set on the West Hollywood area, I think you'd be really happy with Le Montrose. I've been told that many celebs stay there (especially music industry people) and that it is really nice and well-located. I know I thought the price was very decent as well. Our family of four is going in March and I had narrowed it down to the West Hollywood area and Venice Beach. (We have two kids and I knew Venice Beach would be a big hit.) The L.A. natives ended up steering me in the Venice Beach direction, and we're staying at the Inn at Venice Beach. We're staying in L.A. a couple of nights pre-cruise, and will spend our first day at the beach, and then go into Hollywood/Beverly Hills for sightseeing the second day. It sounds like either area would be a good L.A. base to me. Cheryl

Archived