Landrover Excursion

x2tpd

You share the driving with others in your landrover. We did not do this tour but we talked to some who did. They loved it. How much driving you get to do depends on who in your Landrover wants to drive. We did the Captain you own boat tour which we thought was great. This was a Carnival excursion and they had it on the TV in the rooms. There was some really muddy and rough areas. We might try it on our next trip.

I don't know how many in each. The people we talked to said they take you out through the rain forrest on old logging roads. We watched it on the in-cabin tv. At some points they had to pull off the road to let trucks pass. The landrovers looked pertty much stock with mud tires on them. There were some rough areas that they went trough (as in mud, rocks etc)

• 2 weeks later...

We just went on this tour last week. It was awesome!!! We were with a group of 8, and we were able to take two land rovers. They try to accomodate the groups. There were some Landrovers that had only two passengers, I think it depends on how many are signed up for the tour and what the groups look like, I think there were 8-10 land rovers for us to use. It was a great trip, I feel as though I saw much of Belize, we boated across the bay to a river (forgot the name), road the boat for probably an hour with the guide sharing the local wildlife and nature, got our Landrover and drove through villages until we got to the "jungle", left the Landrovers for a walking tour through some of the jungle and caves, returned for lunch and boarded a bus to take us back to Belize City (probably an hour ride) and saw much of the countryside....it was great!! When we got to the port, we were split in to two groups, one that started with the boat ride and ended with the bus and one vica versa. Any questions, fire away!!

So if its my husband and I and are 17 year old daughter sounds like we should be fine expecting that it would just be the three of us in a one vehicle. I dont want to pay that much money to have to have someone else driving. How bouncy was it? My daughter is having shoulder surgery in June... She will be immobilized for 8 weeks so in September she will be getting out of her sling. We arent going to take this excursion til the end of December so she will be sling free for two and 1/2 months before we go. I was just wondering if they were going to bounce her all over. Although that is part of what appeals to us all!:D Thanks so much for the answers.

From what I saw, you should be fine with 3 in your group...they do stop and let people switch drivers if they want, but I let hubby keep the wheel:)

As far as bouncy, we didn't have too much trouble with that, my husband is a sportsman who knew if he just kept it slow and steady we would make it through the mud (a landrover in front of us got stuck, so the next one through floored it, they were quite bouncy), we went slow and made it through fine with only a little bouncing. I really only remember that one section that was bad. Although the guide told us it had been very dry and the mud just came within the past week, so I think the amount of ruts and mud you get will depend on the weather, I don't know when their "wet" months are.

As far as the cost, I agree, I too thought it was pricey, but after doing it, we surely got our money's worth!!!

Archived