Upgraded to balcony!

drlynn

I just noticed on the NCL site that balcony rooms were priced the same as we paid for our OV last month. I called a few minutes ago, and am so excited to get the upgrade! We have never had less than a balcony room on other lines, but we decided to save some money and go for the ocean view this time. Now we will be enjoying Alaska from our balcony once again for the same price as we paid for our cat. E cabin. The NCL rep said it was for new bookings only she didn't think it would happen, but she would check. ( I wonder if it helped that I said I was a member at CC and had seen that upgraded rooms can happen even after final payment.) Anyway, thanks for all the info I have gotten from all of you at CC.

I also called and the rep had to get it okayed, but got upgrade to a balcony from an obstructed view. Paid $300, but felt it was well worth it. The rep told me the cabin would normally have been $1000 more, so I feel that I got a great deal.

We are also sailing to Alaska. We will be on the Pearl May 31st. When are you sailing?

You both will love your ships if you have not been on them before. The Star and the Pearl are both amazing ships and of course Alaska speaks for its self..8-)

Congrats to both of you for your upgrades to balcony rooms. The balconys are made for Alaskan cruising.

Suzy, Whom did you speak to in order to grab that upsell from an obstructed view to a balcony for $300? That is exactly what my dh and I want to do (5/24/09 CB to Carr.) and my ta asked me to find out who you spoke to. That is a great deal.

Thanks, Terri

Suzy, Whom did you speak to in order to grab that upsell from an obstructed view to a balcony for $300? That is exactly what my dh and I want to do (5/24/09 CB to Carr.) and my ta asked me to find out who you spoke to. That is a great deal.

Thanks, Terri

Yes, my hubby and I have a stateroom on deck 8 and are exploring an upgrade to balcony. How did you do it? We are on the Star, leaving 5/30. Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Thank, Sandra

Terri--

I see that you are on Princess instead of NCL, so they may not have the same procedures.

Sandra--

When I called NCL to make the change, the rep did have to ask a supervisor to make sure it was okay. If you don't get the answer you want, ask to speak to someone higher up. I didn't do this, but I have also heard that if you mention that you found out about the upgrade on cruise critic, sometimes they will be more helpful.

Good luck to you both, I hope you are able to upgrade. Happy cruising!

It does appear this is a good year to find deals on cruises. But I have a feeling we all will be paying the piper next year.

I'm not paying him! ;)

BUT I did pay $19 to upgrade from a BB to a Mini a couple days ago (but it's just a 2 night cruise). $9.50 pp total :D

piper.jpg.1d5acf73a53a8be1506470c70b6d5d71.jpg

Last May we went on the NCL Dawn in June. Two days before our cruise our TA called. He got the much awaited call from the upsell fairy. For $100pp (7 day ) we went from inside cabins on deck 4 (right next to the crew) to balconies on deck 10. I'm just a bit anxious this trip. My dh and I would be fine in our obstructed cabin on deck 8, but the couple we're traveling with is celebrating their 30th anniversary and would LOVE a balcony.

Terri

Ncl is upgradeing everything went from g - bc on the Jewel 22 may . (free Upgrade) But I also notice that they are delaying the E-Docks they normaly come out at 60 days. I am at 40 days and they are not released yet..

I booked a week ago an inside room for NCL Alaska in June 2009 for 4. Today I saw online that I could get a balcony for $300 more in total. Called the TA and said that because I was within the 60 days that NCL wouldn't give me that new rate and the rate online was for new bookings only. He even checked it out with them. I told him how disappointed I was and could he check the price of a AF suite and was told that NCL would allow me to do that for $800 more (was the new rate online). I ended up doing it and I am quite excited to go from inside to the mini suite or "deluxe balcony".

Archived