Recommendations on where to book celebrity cruises?

cali4niacruisin

The terms of service doesn't allow anyone to give the names of travel agents or agencies on the board.

Look around at your local agencies and ask them what they do for their clients. Look for an agent that's a member of either Select Traveler, Golden Bear, or Virtuoso because those agencies generally have cruises where they host parties on board, and pay for tips.

I use a TA who will do a group booking to get better prices and extra amenities. I have used the same TA for several years. Even though the price-fix, she still got us a great group price with comp wine and obc. So far, 5 cabins have booked. I know two of the couples, but the others are ones who have just called in to book Mercury to Alaska. Also, we book a year in advance to get the best prices. Celebrity seldom has good last minute prices because they sell out. In fact, the price that we are paying has gone up several $100 since we booked last spring. I always check with cruise and travel search engines on the net and tell the TA what others can offer. There is still some flexibility. Also, certain credit cards offer cash back, points, etc. Entertainment Books, as well as cruise lines, offer cruise coupons. Some months are less expensive for cruising. Also, my TA takes a deposit, and I may cancel with full refund up until final payment. I always continue checkiing until final deposit is made. If I find the cruise for less, I will contact her, and she will either meet their better price, or I will change. I have had great luck with getting good deals on cruises. We are going on Pride of Aloha to Hawaii in Feb., on Holiday to Mexico in April (our new AL Port), and on Mercury to Alaska in May. Yep, we love cruising!

Carole

Huntsville, AL

Archived