Advice on Childrens Menu and food allergy please

sarahmouse

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Britannia restaurant offers a children’s menu? My daughter will be dinning with us at the first sitting,

She also has a nut allergy does anyone have any experience of eating on the QM2 with a food allergy.

Many Thanks

Hi.

I have a strawberry allergy and, although I have never sailed on QM2, I have sailed a number of times on QE2.

I just called Cunard before sailing to inform them and reminded my waiter on the first night.

I had no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

Hi.

I have a strawberry allergy and although, I have never travelled on QM2, have been on QE2 a number of times.

i just called Cunard to inform them before departure and reminded my waiter on the first night.

I had no problems!

Hope this helps

I have a seafood allergy. Everynight the head waiter for our section would bring me the next-day's menus for lunch and dinner in the Britannia dining room.

As long as everybody, maitre d', head waiter and your wait-staff know they will work with you on the menus. I'm sure they can also deviate from the menus to accomodate a child's taste.

Sarahmouse

My husband also carries epi-pens, and we have always told Cunard (by e-mail) before traveling. I believe this is now permanently on his profile, but maybe this course of action would give you some peace of mind, as the ship's medical team is made aware.

Re the children's menu; yes there is one, and the waiters bring this to the table but it is quite repetitive. We travel quite often with our grand daughter now 4, and she happily eats smaller potions from the main menu, which please the staff!

We are on the 26th April crossing (again with grandchild) and she really enjoys everything about this ship, especially the playzone. I hope you enjoy the trip as we always do.

Thank you both, the information is very helpful. We always carry epi-pens but dont wish to have to use them !

I suggest you keep a beady eye on them. I don't eat garlic, so pre-ordered dinner every night in Britannia on QM2; despite this, they managed to give me the offending item on five separate occasions. I'm afraid I now tell them I'm allergic to it, but that didn't stop P&O giving it to me once last year - a different ship I know, but they don't seem to take it terribly seriously.

Mary

I suppose when it is so serious you must keep reminding them. However, one of our table mates was a Coeliac and she got lots of attention from the staff. The head waiter checked every evening with her for the following day and the waiter was very much aware at each meal.

She also ate, I know in the Britannia at breakfast and lunch so I have a feeling these meals were also discussed. She did used to laugh though and tell us all that 'she didn't do trays'.

Archived