Is a Carnival Cruise honeymoon appropriate??????

we initially were going to do a Royal Caribbean cruise but then decided on a Carnival cruise 'cause it's way cheaper

going September 27th somewhere in the Caribbean

the Royal Caribbean cruise we initially looked at came down in price to $999 per person for a balcony room

the Carnival cruise to the western caribbean we booked is $630 per person for a category 8C balcony room plus either a $100 or $120 credit per person

we also have the option of getting a category 8A balcony room for $420 per person on the carnival cruise

should i switch to another cruise line? why or why not?

i don't want to be surrounded by drunk frat boys whose iq lose out to their fitted baseball hat size

i've read comments on another board that makes me reconsider...saying it's like a "titty and thigh buffet"

the only titty and thigh buffet i want to be at is in my cabin w/ my wife to be

uh, not sure what a titty and thigh buffet is... :confused:

there were tons of honeymooners on our last cruise. we are newlyweds (married 8 months) and enjoyed our last cruise enough to book with carnival again. sept isnt spring break season so i'd say you should be fine

None of what you "heard" is true about carnival. You will see all types of people, young and old, big and skinny, let it all hang out and keep it all in. Never base a cruise choice solely on what you read or someone off handly told you becuase thats THIER experiance. In all honesty you won't know if you like to cruise or like a certain cruise line until you try. I'm going on my third cruise (all on carnival) in May. I like carnival 1. for the prices 2. the service is amazing and 3. its convient to where I live and where i plan to travel. We may try RC one day but Carnival won us and price and has us hooked in service and fun.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Well since you're on the Carnival board I am assuming you know your probably going to get the majority saying Carnival rocks right? It worked for our HM and we are getting ready for #5 & #6 so I guess you could say we're very satisfied, we contemplated going on RC for our next cruise but there really isn't anything about Carnival that we don't like so why mess with a good thing. Best of luck in whatever cruise line you choose :)

Most of the boats have adult only areas. So you would have no kids around either. We did Carnival for our honeymoon 17 years ago. Had a great time (came home pregnant). They sat us with other honeymooners for dinner. It was great. Stayed in touch with some of them for a while. We are now taking our kids 16, 14 and 10 on their second cruise. LOVE IT!!!

I'm getting married next weekend April 18th !! :) We are going on Carnival for our honeymoon on April 20th and will be flying down to Miami the day after the wedding the 19th... I can't wait until our cruise!

Also what guy doesn't like titty and thighs ?!?! haha just kidding... This board is very helpful... I've never been on a cruise but my wife to be went on RC and said she would never do it again... Not sure how much this helps but good luck with your wedding!

I cannot wait until ours! 7 days to go!

The 'titty and thigh buffet', sounds somewhat interesting, tho' I worry the thread may get pulled for 'suggestive' wording/content..:)

HOWEVER, the wife and I were married in Ocho Rios while sailing on the Triumph in 2004! WONDERFUL cruise.. Never experienced any of the 'above', except in the cabin..;)

I am very close to retirement age, and we saw nothing 'upsetting', and the rest of the passengers were great.. Really enjoyed the cruise..:cool:

ps: Have sailed RCI, and the two lines are 'so similar', the only thing that stands out is price... GO FOR IT!!!:D

I have never cruised RCCL and I don't say anything bad about it because of it.... We have looked into cruising RCCL but like you, we have to work for our money and try to get the most bang for our vacation dollar...

Like others I find it hard to fathom where folks that have never cruised another line can spread rumors or tall tales about it... You can find many different atmospheres on a cruise ship... A laid back area, a party till you puke group, etc...

The thing that I believe that you'll enjoy the most on your cruise will be the time spend with your new life partner... Will everything be perfect, I doubt it, but the majority will and those are the things that you'll take with you from now on... Good Luck with your new marriage and I hope that you have a great cruise....

Joey & Pat

I think you'll be fine. Very few kids that time of year and I think you will find that most Carnival passengers are pretty average "middle class" America. Teachers, accountants, bankers, small business owners, etc. Could there be a few of the trashy sort onboard? Sure - just like RC could have. You might also have a few of the "rich and snotty" types as well.

My DH would sign up now for the t&t cruise I think . :eek:

We sailed on Carnival for our honeymoon almost 2 years ago and loved it. We have also done a RC and were kind of bored with them. A few suggestions that we loved on our honeymoon to make it that much more special- Balcony cabin a must, couples massage at the spa, dinner at the supper club. The trip will be what you make of it.

i've read comments on another board that makes me reconsider...saying it's like a "titty and thigh buffet"

I'll take a ticket to that please! ^^^^:D

Anyway, you'll do fine. Carnival gets a bad wrap for the passengers that usually inhabit the shorter weekend cruises when schools are out. Weeklong trips usually have a more mature crowd. Heck, in January on Inspiration I thought that it was an AARP group cruise. I haven't seen so many electric scooters and oxygen tanks in one place in my whole life. I think DQAlex reported the same a couple of weeks later. So it just depends on when you go and what type of cruise it is.

We are leaving for our honeymoon in 24 days. We're cruising Alaska on the Spirit, and I wouldn't (or should I say didn't?) think twice about it.

uh, not sure what a titty and thigh buffet is... :confused:

there were tons of honeymooners on our last cruise. we are newlyweds (married 8 months) and enjoyed our last cruise enough to book with carnival again. sept isnt spring break season so i'd say you should be fine

Tastes like chicken?????:p;)

Our first cruise was our Honeymoon on Carnival. It was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my honeymoon than not having to drive anywhere or cook anything or spend anything(other than the alcohol and souvenirs of course). That was 7 years ago and its still my favorite vacation.

We picked Carnival for their rep. Yes we are 40 year olds that like a good party!! We really enjoy places like Key West, New Orleans, Cancun-that sort of place-we love the party atmosphere. I can honestly say that the few I have been on were really far from a "frat style party" and NOWHERE close to a "T&T buffet"!!!! Actually the cruises we have been on have been rather quiet and a few have been dead after 10 p.m. Of course the pax mix always changes so it will differ week to week. The Conquest was our wildest cruise to date and I think that was probably because it was during summer months and younger people were onboard. But I would not even consider that cruise wild by any means! I have not figured out yet how they got their rep because we have yet to see it. Maybe someday.......:p I don't think you will regret going with Carnival especially if that is your only hold up. If anyone does come across the T&T buffet cruise please sign us up!!!! LOL

We did a cruise honeymoon in 2005 as well. Not my first cruise, but was my husband's. I was 43, he was 53...second marriage for the both of us. I **SO** wanted him to like cruising becuase it is my favorite vacation; he did!!

He probably would have liked the titty and thigh buffet {check that: he definitely would enjoy it!!}, but somehow we missed that!! Next time, I will tell him about that buffet and maybe he will be cruising for a new reason!!!

Archived