Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

Thanks Debbie....we did have a great time!! The store with the bracelets is right across the street from Sloppy Joe's, on the corner. They had a rack outside the front door....they were like $10.00. I don't recall the name of the store though.

Thank you, I think that will take care of my souvenier shopping.

stingrays002.jpg

stingrays001.jpg

Ok....and Annie was correct....my daughter knew exactly how to transfer the pictures....(photo bucket or something). Anyway, here are my girls Shannon (on the right) & Kyra (on the left) enjoying swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman:D!..It really was beautiful....the rays were wonderful, graceful creatures. And, as I said, when we started to feed them squid, the rays were EVERYWHERE......Loved it!!!

Then it was snorkeling on the reef and lunch at Rum Pointe Beach......Absolutely fantastic day hosted by Native Way Watersports!!! Highly recommended!!!

LOL John, Shannon may have been enjoying swimming with the stingrays but it looks like Kyra is scared to death! This is the tour I also did with Nativeways in Grand Cayman and it was wonderful. Rum Pointe was beautiful and relaxing.

While snorkeling after the stingrays we saw an eel under the water and our guide put something shinny by him to get him to come out from in between the rocks he was hiding in. We got a great picture of him.

LOL John, Shannon may have been enjoying swimming with the stingrays but it looks like Kyra is scared to death! This is the tour I also did with Nativeways in Grand Cayman and it was wonderful. Rum Pointe was beautiful and relaxing.

While snorkeling after the stingrays we saw an eel under the water and our guide put something shinny by him to get him to come out from in between the rocks he was hiding in. We got a great picture of him.

Ha! They were both scared to death!! See them holding hands??....They don't hold hands unless under extreme duress!! Was your guide Captain Chris? He's the guy standing on "Trippin' Out" in the background....good guy! I would have liked to have seen an eel...just beautiful fishies for us.

Pictures! Hurray! Your girls are DARLING and I love the faces of fear! LOL!

Thanks Carrie...there will be more to come! The rays were very gentle and very cool!! (if you want to see me, you can see my right wrist in the second pic...with the silver bracelet;))!!

Thanks Carrie...there will be more to come! The rays were very gentle and very cool!! (if you want to see me, you can see my right wrist in the second pic...with the silver bracelet;))!!

Since when do you call me Carrie? And why did that make me just a little bit sad? And did you know that it's evening time and you haven't visited our thread yet? I hope you'll share some of your Elegant Evening (or whatever the heck it's called) pictures with us. I've been working on our attire all day, so I'm ready to see some:)

yeah! Shannon looks like the brave one and poor Kyra looks terrified. We swam with the Stingrays when we took our 3 daughters with us and I was the one with the terrified look (and a week later Steve ?? was killed in that freak stingray accident.)

The water looks magnificent!

Now, please post some pics of the Freedom:) or am I pushing my luck here?

Thanks John (or should I say thanks girls?)

6 days and counting, Meg!! Woo hooooo!

yeah! Shannon looks like the brave one and poor Kyra looks terrified. We swam with the Stingrays when we took our 3 daughters with us and I was the one with the terrified look (and a week later Steve ?? was killed in that freak stingray accident.)

The water looks magnificent!

Now, please post some pics of the Freedom:) or am I pushing my luck here?

Thanks John (or should I say thanks girls?)

6 days and counting, Meg!! Woo hooooo!

Here she is!! http://cruisezanzablue.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/5-22kb.jpg

Yay freedom!

Seriously, you will have more pictures....I promise Annie...& Meg!!

The water was awesome and they were both...Shannon & Kyra...scared beyond belief. It really surprised me actually. Shannon, like me, is generally scared of nothing.

Have fun girls...wish that I could come with!!

Jim (John);)

Since when do you call me Carrie? And why did that make me just a little bit sad? And did you know that it's evening time and you haven't visited our thread yet? I hope you'll share some of your Elegant Evening (or whatever the heck it's called) pictures with us. I've been working on our attire all day, so I'm ready to see some:)

Hi Meg....how are you??

Jim

I'm good, thanks for asking. :o Yourself?

The days are getting crazy busy now. Today I'm getting my cruise hair and brows, working on my cruise tan and suffering through my cruise diet so that I don't have to keep from trying anything in the dining room:) I showed the pictures of Kyra and Shannon to my kids and they cracked up! :D

I can't wait to meet you Annie, and I can't wait to see more pictures of your cruise Jim!

Jim! Annie! Anyone! PLease don't let this thread die!!:( We're leaving in 3 days and all I see is swine flu this and swine flu that.....I need you guys to get me smiling again! Come Baaaaaaaack:):p

I am here for you Meg!!!;) So, how did the brow treatment and tanning go? Did you also go the manicure/pedicure route? Are you all packed...including your smuggled items?

I am here for you Meg!!!;) So, how did the brow treatment and tanning go? Did you also go the manicure/pedicure route? Are you all packed...including your smuggled items?

Meg...don't leave us hanging! How is the trip preparation going??

Jim

I'm good, thanks for asking. :o Yourself?

The days are getting crazy busy now. Today I'm getting my cruise hair and brows, working on my cruise tan and suffering through my cruise diet so that I don't have to keep from trying anything in the dining room:) I showed the pictures of Kyra and Shannon to my kids and they cracked up! :D

I can't wait to meet you Annie, and I can't wait to see more pictures of your cruise Jim!

Hey Meg,

Tomorrow is spa day for me....brows, pedi and a mani. No tanning for me. Did that a couple of times before cruising and I decided to wear SPF 30 and do without a tan from now on. I had a brown spot from our Bermuda cruise in Oct. It took months to go away (yes, I did have the doc check it.) Look for the pale one by the pool!

Darn cruise diet. I've been going to the gym more than usual and drinking Glucerna and Boost as meal replacements, only to drop a measly 2 lbs. Right now I'm unemployed so that's not a good thing. Too much time on my hands to eat and drink;) Although today I did have 2 job interviews. I've accepted a job that starts 2 weeks after the cruise, but I'm still finishing up interviews.

Don't even worry about the Swine Flu. It's being blown way out of proportion. We'll be ok (I am taking a private jet to get to FL, just in case!!! j/k)

OK, so suitcase is packed and there's still room for more. I've really streamlined my packing. I think my hubs and I are going to bring an extra suitcase just in case I want to shop (do you think????)

Oh, we could put Jimmy in the extra suitcase, couldn't we? Oh, I'm sorry John that was mean.

See you soon Meg!:D

Bonnie

No manicures for me....I have "mom" nails :rolleyes: I'm doing my own pedicure on Saturday though. I must say, my cruise hair and brows are looking good.....let's see how I hold up in the humidity though, LOL!

The cruise diet sucks, especially when it's not working. I've dropped 17 lbs. since January, but it doesn't show very much. Bonnie, just look for the tan, 6 foot tall Godzilla with a Meg Ryan face.

I haven't packed a thing. I hope to get the bulk of it done tomorrow.

I think it's a good idea to put Jimmy in your suitcase! Then we wouldn't feel so guilty having such a great time! Oh, and congrats on the new job:)

OK, so I'm not smuggling anything....and I feel really bad about that, because it's the kind of mischief I love ;) Darn kids ruin everything, no drunk mom and dad for them:( Although....Bonnie maybe we can sneak out to the piano bar or karaoke or something and I'll have a few while dh maintains the proper parent image:) We can take our picture for Jim too!

OH! And my smile is back :p Thanks Jim!

Hey Meg,

Tomorrow is spa day for me....brows, pedi and a mani. No tanning for me. Did that a couple of times before cruising and I decided to wear SPF 30 and do without a tan from now on. I had a brown spot from our Bermuda cruise in Oct. It took months to go away (yes, I did have the doc check it.) Look for the pale one by the pool!

Darn cruise diet. I've been going to the gym more than usual and drinking Glucerna and Boost as meal replacements, only to drop a measly 2 lbs. Right now I'm unemployed so that's not a good thing. Too much time on my hands to eat and drink;) Although today I did have 2 job interviews. I've accepted a job that starts 2 weeks after the cruise, but I'm still finishing up interviews.

Don't even worry about the Swine Flu. It's being blown way out of proportion. We'll be ok (I am taking a private jet to get to FL, just in case!!! j/k)

OK, so suitcase is packed and there's still room for more. I've really streamlined my packing. I think my hubs and I are going to bring an extra suitcase just in case I want to shop (do you think????)

Oh, we could put Jimmy in the extra suitcase, couldn't we? Oh, I'm sorry John that was mean.

See you soon Meg!:D

Bonnie

No Annie...that wasn't mean. It was a sweet sentiment and just put some extra Carnival pillows in the suitcase and I'll gladly climb in and join you. I believe someone said...."My Bonnie lies over the ocean; My Bonnie lies over the sea. My Bonnie lies over the ocean; Oh bring back my Bonnie to Meg" Have a fantastic cruise girls...tell me all about the piano bar, etc..

Jim

No manicures for me....I have "mom" nails :rolleyes: I'm doing my own pedicure on Saturday though. I must say, my cruise hair and brows are looking good.....let's see how I hold up in the humidity though, LOL!

The cruise diet sucks, especially when it's not working. I've dropped 17 lbs. since January, but it doesn't show very much. Bonnie, just look for the tan, 6 foot tall Godzilla with a Meg Ryan face.

I haven't packed a thing. I hope to get the bulk of it done tomorrow.

I think it's a good idea to put Jimmy in your suitcase! Then we wouldn't feel so guilty having such a great time! Oh, and congrats on the new job:)

OK, so I'm not smuggling anything....and I feel really bad about that, because it's the kind of mischief I love ;) Darn kids ruin everything, no drunk mom and dad for them:( Although....Bonnie maybe we can sneak out to the piano bar or karaoke or something and I'll have a few while dh maintains the proper parent image:) We can take our picture for Jim too!

OH! And my smile is back :p Thanks Jim!

Megzilla?....I don't think so!

Be nasty....get something to smuggle (champagne?) Have a great cruise girls....If you see someone reclining on the piano bar come give Jim a "smooch". PS: A picture of you two on Freedom....yes please!

BTW...any last questions about the ship, etc..?

Yes, one last question:

Do they do a "Tea" with classical music? You probably didn't attend, even if they did. I'm just guessing here!

LOL, I have dragged my husband to more than one of those. The one time we had our daughters along we enjoyed it without Dad!

Yes, one last question:

Do they do a "Tea" with classical music? You probably didn't attend, even if they did. I'm just guessing here!

LOL, I have dragged my husband to more than one of those. The one time we had our daughters along we enjoyed it without Dad!

No, it's definitely not Titanic.

Archived