Rome Hotel Suggestions

mando_cpa

we are on the trans atlantic 10/24/05 and need rooms also........so far the best I can tell you is hold on to your hat...EVERYTHING is expensive over there. you will be lucky to secure a basic room for $120.00 U.S a night. just check out the online hotel discounters like hotels.com or expedia. romeby.com is also a good source to try. good luck. as a last note ......the euro is now at $1.32 US so our dollar value is shrinking by the day. maybe it will make some sort of rally by the time we get over there.

We are on the 9/18/05 for Liberty and made our reservations at the Grand Hotel Olympic-Aurum Hotel. It is a former papal palace about a block from the Vatican and was $203.43 a night for a quad. I booked thru Expedia.

Linda

That is a great hotel! We were in Italy last March and had a blast. This hotel is very nice and the service was outstanding. There are many hotels there. I would try for one that is close to the Collesium or Vatican City.

Have a Great time! I wish I was cruising with you guys!

Hello all - We are on the Sept 18th sailing of the Carnival Liberty. Anyone have suggestions for nice hotels in Rome that are not outrageously priced?

I would love any and all advice!

Thanks so much!

Happy Sailing!

Everything is expensive.. we have stayed at two different.. one is the Hotel Cardinal.. a creepy type of place.. unique rooms though..

Then we stayed at a very popular small hotel that is actually famous.. the Hotel Raphael.. the best view.. ever on their rooftop cafe.. It has quite a history. .. in politics... it is 2 steps from the Piazza Navona... best known for Tre Scalini.. and great Tartufo!!

We are going on the Oct. 24th sailing. I have booked a wonderful place called the A San Pietro da Susy. It is a 5 minute walk to the Vatican, St. Peter's Bascilica, and the Sistine Chapel. It is actually a Bed & Breakfast but it has the class of a 5 Star Hotel. It is 100 euros per night ($129). Go to http://www.venere.com and go to the tab Bed & Breakfast. It is number 23. It got excellent reviews.

Brenda

Archived