Vancouver Pier and Car Rental

Will be arriving Vancouver May 22 on Radiance from Alaska cruise. Can anyone confirm the ship will be docking at Ballantyne Pier - is this where RCCL normally docks as opposed to Canada Place?

Also, the boards indicated there are no car rental companies at Ballantyne although the Hertz web site indicates a location there. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks.

Yes you will be docking at Ballantyne Pier - there are no car rentals at that pier but if you have a pre-booked rental you will be shuttled to a nearby depot

Check out the Port Metro Vancouver website at this link for further info:

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/transportationandparking.aspx

Enjoy your visit

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis

One more question that you may know as a Vancouver native. Our plan is to rent a car upon arrival and drive to Whistler for a night over and return the following day for 3 days in your fabulous city. From what I understand, there are no cars allowed in Whistler village where I want to stay. Is there some central parking lot where the hotels pick you up?

Thanks. Barry

Having never stayed overnight in the Village I don't have an answer but some of the Hotels I know have underground lots as I have used them on some of my day trips - there is a very large open parking lot in the village that is across the street from many of the hotels in the main village.

You will enjoy the drive up - the highway upgrade is over 80% complete and they have done a great job of making it a safe and enjoyable for all - give yourself lots of time to see the sights of the way up.

If you click on this link to my blog I have a photo essay of a recent trip I took part way up to Whistler on a sunny day so you will have some idea of what to expect.

http://yvrcruiser.blogspot.com/2009/04/day-trip-along-sea-to-sky-highway-99.html

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Barry - here's an interactive map of the Whistler village area that may help you decide where you can park. The 4 large "P"'s are the lots that I was referring to in the above post.

http://www.whistler.com/map/

Hope this helps - it is raining hard here today so it is a good day to sit at the computer and google or surf for info for the great people here on cruise critic.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived