newbies !!

stargazer666

Not yet not long now :) whats food like on board ? wheres best place to eat,

Hope you get this before you go.

If they haven't changed it we ate in the Beachcomber most of the time.

The Main Dining Room

Both dining rooms are self service, in the MDR the waiter sits you at a table and you're not fixed to sitting at the same place each night.

That is your seat for the whole meal. then you go help yourself from the buffet.

The waiters will come round and get drinks for you and you can use the all inclusive here as everywhere.

In Beachcomber you go and find your own table and then go and help yourself from the buffet.

The reason we ate in Beachcomber mostly was because we were on the deck below it right next to the satirs. And it was out the cabin door, up 1 flight of stairs and in for the grub.

They had 3 themed nights that were excellent in the Beachcomber, Italian, Indian and Chinese.

The food is fine, unless you're really fussy there was plenty of choice and quality was fine.

Only thing about eating in the beachcomer unlike Main Dining Room is you need to go in turn to get food in case someone has your table, but that was no problem

If you're up late dancing the night away, you can even get cooked food at 3 am if you want. A friend of ours was there eating chip butties at 3 am after being in the disco and she's in her 60's.

The afternoon tea is to die for.

Proper old fashioned British afternoon tea, sandwiches, fancy cakes, jelly and gorgeous gateaux.

We didn't pay for the menu in the Oasis a la carte with so much free grub going. It would have been a waste of money.

The only drink/food I paid for all week was a cappuccino 1 morning in the Cafe Brasil.

Berwyn

Sounds good , is it very noisey on board, dont fancy disco im my ears till 3 if we up for a trip out next day !! lol

You'll be OK. The disco is in the Lookout right up the top.

We were on deck 9 right under Beachcomber 24 hour buffet and didn't get disturbed

That's going to be a hard one, It's 12 months ago.

There was a good variety though from "British" food to continental. I remember a carvary both nights we ate in Island restaurant. LOADS of salad type stuff. Only time I've really enjoyed salad.

On the Chinese night there were several types of main course and a cook on one side making spring rolls to order for you with whatever filling you wanted.

Only night I didn't like the food was the Indian. BUt that was me and not the food, I don't like the spices. Mrs. said it was fine.

There were no menus for us to bring away with us and I never thought of photographing them.

We didn't see much lunch as we were on excursions everyday apart from 1st day at sea.

yummy ! my partner is a veggie, so its not always easy for her to find stuff to eat when we go away, :confused: but it all sounds nice

She should be fine, that's the handy thing there with all the grub supplied. Not like having to go round restaurants looking for menus.

And if you're out for a long trip you can always fill up on food at breakfast

well it will be an early night for us as we have to be at airport for 4 am :rolleyes: stll we will be on ship by lunch hopefully, so plenty of time to check things out

It'll be the same for us in June. That's why we're staying on site at Manchester airport the night before.

If we went from home we'd have to be out of the house about 3 am to travel to airport.

It'll only take you half hour maximum to get from Palma airport to the ship.

The Island cruises people will be waiting for you in the airport as soon as you got through luggage pick up and passport control.

Have a great time

Berwyn

Cheers Berwyn thanks for all your help :) will let you know how we got on !!

Shouldn't you be in bed by now ? :D

Glad to help, It's going to be quiet round here for a bit now.

Not many ppl posting on here.

When I go on Royal Caribbean boards these Americans tend to get quite excited and upset over the smallest thing

Got to be careful how I phrase things.

Archived