Splendor arrival time and airport

deck chair

Hi Gang!

For anyone who just came back today on the SPLENDOR I am wondering what time the ship actually docked in Long Beach and also if a 12:30 PM flight back east from LAX is too early. Is there enough time? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Deck chair

Hi Gang!

For anyone who just came back today on the SPLENDOR I am wondering what time the ship actually docked in Long Beach and also if a 12:30 PM flight back east from LAX is too early. Is there enough time? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Deck chair

Ships usually moor in Long Beach around 5:50am, but if everything goes well, you could be off the ship by 8am, Someone just returned and will be posting their review tonight. I forget her name.

Fred

Cruisers tend not to realize how frequently debarkation is delayed. Basically every 6-8 cruises you can expect a couple of hours delay, in which case you might miss a 12:30 flight.

So while ship frequently gets in early, it is not uncommon at all for the ship to be held up. The 2PM the cruise lines recommends will likely be enough extra time should a "typical" delay occur.

So the answer is most likely you'll make a 12:30 flight, but since there are many variables that could delay debarkation it is certainly not unheard of to miss a flight at that time. One other thing to consider is your travel insurance my not cover you if you miss a flight that was scheduled before the time recommend by the cruise line.

Typically I'm off the ship around 8, but I stumbled of Triumph at 10:30 and almost missed a 1:40 flight, so now I just accept the cruise lines recommendation. You can rent a car at the airport and do a little touring before the trip home if you have time to kill.

The person that just got back posted that they had just arrive back in Long Beach at 8am and were sitting on their balcony. Typically disembarkment does not start until at least 30 minutes to an hour after actual arrival. So it sounds like the 9am arrival time that Carnival has stated on the itinerary is correct.

We just recently self-assisted in debarkation and were in a cab on the way to the airport at 8:55am.

We caught a 1pm flight and I had about 3 hours to catch up on email in the airport at LAX.

Archived