Beehive in Rome?

My wife and I are taking a 12 day Greek Isles/Med cruise in September and we are coming to Rome for two days before leaving. We are considering staying at the Beehive. Anyone stayed there? How is the location? Any other info? What about sharing a bath between rooms?

We are not looking for anything fancy, just a cheap, clean place to stay before starting the cruise. This place looks to have good reviews.

Thanks

Convenient for the train, but the Termini area is my least favorite area for staying in central Rome, and the Beehive certainly is not very centrally located for enjoying the main sights of Rome itself. I have not stayed there.

I personally prefer the pedestrianized "Old Town Rome" Pantheon/Campo di Fiori area for my night strolling and dining.

Yep--I just looked up my pre-trip file. I worked with Steve on line. I asked a ton of questions about where to stay, what neighborhoods were like...we were traveling with friends who were Europe first-timers and wanted them to have a great time. He was honest and very very patient and we had a wonderful visit in Rome.

We also like the Piazza Navona area--but it is more expensive.

I should have added in my previous post that while the location is not 'centrally located' it is not bad. You are easily a 15-20 minute walk away from almost everything (except Vatican area). Plus side, you are just minutes from Termini. No taxis or long walks dragging baggage. That is a big plus in my book.

How far is the Beehive from the Termini train station? Am I correct in saying that the train is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruiseport?

Thanks

I'd put it at 4-5 blocks, depending upon whether or not the shortcut (a shopping corridor) through the middle of one of the blocks is open or not.

You are correct that the train is the cheapest way from FCO to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port. Although it is possible that you could take a multitude of local buses and cut the cost, I would not even want to consider that approach.

Archived