Deep Sea Fishing in St. Martin-Report

kyjd75

I promised a report when we returned from our trip on the Summit. Well, here it is.

The deep sea fishing shore excursion sold by Celebrity is expensive--$199 per person. Our group consisted of myself, my wife and son. I was a little disappointed that another couple was also included in our trip, but that ultimately turned out not to be a problem. However, if you are comparing prices, the trip is definitely more expensive purchased through Celebrity.

The actual fishing was reasonably good. Our boat was a 31' Bertram provided by "Zing" ([url="http://www.zingfishing.com"]www.zingfishing.com[/url]). We fished five lines seeking dolphin (mahi-mahi) and marlin. Our mate seemed quite knowledgeable and worked hard during our trip. We caught one nice dolphin (about 25lbs) and two nice tuna (about 20lbs each). We saw several schools of tuna, but could not get them to bite as a group. Although we had no marlin action, our mate indicated that marlin were a genuine possibility.

The trip lasted about 4 1/2 hours. The run to the fishing grounds was short, only about 15 minutes. All in all, I was satisfied with the boat and the effort made by captain and crew. The only real negative was the cost compared to doing it on your own. If you're nervous about doing it yourself, then I recommend this trip if you would like to experience some real deep sea fishing.

Summit 2004; Millennium 2002; Splendour of the Seas 2000; Enchantment of the Seas 1998; Soverign of the Seas 1995; Nordic Empress 1991; Song of America 1990; Nordic Prince 1988

It wasn't far at all. We were taken to a cab, but the actual cab ride was only a quarter of a mile or so to a very nearby marina. In fact, when we returned, a cab was supposed to be waiting to pick us up. No cab appeared, and after a few minutes of waiting, we walked back to the ship. Total distance was less than 1/2 mile.

Summit 2004; Millennium 2002; Splendour of the Seas 2000; Enchantment of the Seas 1998; Soverign of the Seas 1995; Nordic Empress 1991; Song of America 1990; Nordic Prince 1988

Archived