Cabo San Lucas, Restaurant/Bar on the ocean?

bigdaddyvoges

All,

We are going to be stopping in Cabo in June and we have 11 adults in our group, (we will leave the 3 kids in adventure ocean for this stop) and we are wondering if there are some restaurants/bars to get some authentic tacos and cheap beers that are close to where the ship "docks?" Thanks.

Bob

The ship does not dock in Cabo, it anchors out in the bay and you are tendered in. The great thing about Cabo is that the whole town is very walkable. The best tacos are at Gordo Leles, a tiny taco stand a few blocks in from the main street, Marina Blvd. If you take a left right before Cabo Wabo, it is located on the same street as the Corner Cafe, right next to the Los Milagros hotel. You cannot beat his food or his prices at $1.50 per huge taco.

If you are looking for more of a regular restarant, both Solomon's Landing and the Baja Cantina are great and are a very short walk. They are located on the marina right in front of the Tesoro resort ( the huge one you will be walking toward on the marina with the lighthouse).

There are others I can recommend as well but are a little harder to find. Panchos is one of my favorite restaurants for authentic Mexican. If you are walking toward town on Marina Blvd, turn left at the Shrimp Factory and you will see it on your right just 2 blocks up. All of the best restaurants are located in this area, known as restaurant row and just a short walk from the tender pier.

Happy eating and drinking!

Oops, sorry just noticed that you wanted on the ocean. Well you will be coming in to the tender dock which is on the marina not the ocean. I guess if you wanted to walk over to Medano beach (30-45 minutes) or take a cab there, you could eat by the water but I can't think of any place that has as food as good as you can find in town. The Baja Cantina on the beach would be the best of the beach bars.

You can get drinks and snacks at the Whale Watching bar at the Finesterra which is a short walk up a hill from the tender dock. This is a restaurant that sits high above the Pacific ocean but it is not cheap.

Archived