shipboard wedding

kujobie

My nephew was married on the Fascination 11/02 and I thought it was really nice. The wedding party and the guests(about 25 people) were the first ones on the ship. A photographer was there the entire time and the pictures were great. After the ceremony, the reception was held in the piano bar with 2 hours of open bar and food. For a small wedding I thought it was perfect!

Or you can take the wedding party and guests on a cruise and get married in port.. :D

We cheated.. we took a cruise, got married in OchoRios next to a waterfall, and came home and said "Hey, we're married"! We had lots of time to ourselves onboard the ship.. pretty inexpensive, too..!!

Now I'm paying, though, as we decided to take a first and a second anniversary cruise! :rolleyes:

and it was great,:) my DH and I were getting married for the second time and wanted to do something different and special.

We booked a 5 day cruise..not long enough:( and got married on the ship the day we boarded.

My DD's and my DH's best friend and DW came with us, we all got on the ship early about 10:30AM ..our cabins were ready...we were married in the library at about 1:30PM and had a nice little reception. We had our own photographer who took lots of nice pictures..:) . and it was really great

We could have had a reception with friends and family who would have been on the ship for that and than got off before we sailed but our we left from Fl. and our family is up north.

They supplied us with cake,champange,flowers,and a wedding planner to help us that day...it was very nice..

If you think of anything else you want to know just let me know:)

Nancy and Mike

We are thinking about getting married on the Miracle in 2006. Has anyone done this or been involved in a shipboard wedding and have any advice?

my wife and I got married two years ago, chrstmas week. If you have any questions let me know, but it worked out very well...we were on the conquest. Guest that didn't book a sailing were allowed to board and then were asked to leave after the reception...we had about 30 people, 17 of which sailed with us (then off to hawaii alone for 10 days for the real honeymoon)...it was a good time and would recommend it to anyone who is into cruising...

We got married on the Glory last January.

It was fantastic.

A little bit of a pain in the butt while setting it up but I guess all wedding plans are a pain.

Once we got to the "boat" they took care of everything.

We loved it.

Yes, you and all your guests will board first. My wife and I got the first drink sold on the "boat" that sailing.

My advice is Do It. You'll be glad you did.

Cruznlobo, I'm guessing it was your first wedding. If you thought setting it up was a pain in the butt, you've probably never gone the route of a land-based, traditional wedding. Now THAT is a pain in the butt.

It was our second marriage when we got married onboard the Carnival Imagination two years ago. The first time around each of us had large, traditional weddings. This time around was so much fun because there was very little aggravation involved. The cruiseline took care of vitually everything, right down to obtaining our marriage license for us. We had such a blast; 52 family/friends attended the wedding and sailed with us.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I am in the process of planning my wedding on the Legend at New York Cruise Port before she sets sail on May 29, 2005.

We will have around 40 quests and between 11-16 sailing.

The planning of the wedding is easy. You have three choices of packages and then you can upgrade your flowers.

The only pain has been family that had a hard time understanding this type of untraditional wedding and the logists. Logistically getting my guests to the port on Sunday morning and in one place at the same time presents a challenge. We are currently looking into renting a bus for a two hour ride from Pennsylvania. We will have the Best Man serve a Brunch enroute including a few eye openers such as Screwdivers and Bloody Mary's along with coffee and donuts.

We are currently looking into renting a bus for a two hour ride from Pennsylvania. We will have the Best Man serve a Brunch enroute including a few eye openers such as Screwdivers and Bloody Mary's along with coffee and donuts.

Limousine Bus Rental

from

http://www.limousine-bus-rental.com/content.asp?page_id=26

Limo Rentals In Pennsylvania

from

http://www.highrankingdomains.com/content.asp?page_id=77

Archived