Collapsible cooler question. I need one that doesn't leak.

sam1148

I take on a 6 pack size cooler. The problem is it leaks, it does have an insert. But still manages to leak sometimes.

Can anyone suggest a well made model available from Amazon. Not a big one..just enough for ice in the room, one about the size of a six pack.

I take on a 6 pack size cooler. The problem is it leaks, it does have an insert. But still manages to leak sometimes.

Can anyone suggest a well made model available from Amazon. Not a big one..just enough for ice in the room, one about the size of a six pack.

In my experience they all either leak or condense. You have two other options:

1. Keep the cooler in the bathroom where it will drain into the floor drain.

2. Get a large ziplock or garbage bag and line the cooler.

You could even keep it on the shower floor, and then move it to the bathroom floor when you're showering. I've never seen one not sweat. Give your room steward a small *starter* tip and ask to have your cooler kept full with ice.

We've got a couple of these type soft coolers in both the 12 and 24 packs for our tailgating. They work great so long as you don't fill the ice/water to the top and keep them some what level. Just google some tailgate sites to get more information.

12cooler.jpg

I needed a new collapsible for my last cruise because my older one leaked so badly I trashed it last year. So I bought a better cooler with a plastic insert. I figured I’d leave the insert home and just fold the bottom and side in like my old collapsible did. My DW suggested I stuff the plastic insert with my socks etc. and pack it in my suit case. It worked great. Still had some condensation but all I did was put the cooler on a towel on the small table and never had an issue. Hope this helps.

Kevin

I needed a new collapsible for my last cruise because my older one leaked so badly I trashed it last year. So I bought a better cooler with a plastic insert. I figured I’d leave the insert home and just fold the bottom and side in like my old collapsible did. My DW suggested I stuff the plastic insert with my socks etc. and pack it in my suit case. It worked great. Still had some condensation but all I did was put the cooler on a towel on the small table and never had an issue. Hope this helps.

Kevin

I agree. In all the "no leak" coolers I have bought, only the ones with the hard plastic insert did not leak.

Problem with fabric coolers is, they have to be sewn at corners and eventually they all leak thru the stiches....

I purchased an Arctic Zone 18 can collapsible cooler from Amazon for our cruise in December and it was great!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00194JDG8

Zero condensation or leaks. My steward filled it up in the morning and we still had ice late at night. It was pretty cheap too.

Would it be possible for you to post the dimensions of the cooler? That is a great price. I just want to make sure it complies wth the 12x12x12 requirement as I am sure my luck will be that they measure mine :p

thanks!

They're expensive but they don't leak or sweat, I have two of them. When I bought mine there was a coupon where you bought one and got the second one half off (or maybe even free, i don't remember). They're also available on ebags.com but if you search around you may be able to find a coupon code for the polar bear website.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/

Would it be possible for you to post the dimensions of the cooler? That is a great price. I just want to make sure it complies wth the 12x12x12 requirement as I am sure my luck will be that they measure mine :p

thanks!

Just keep it folded up and packed in your suitcase when you board, then the dimensions do not matter. I take a 12x12x18 each time. No problem.

If you plan to carry it on, then it must meet the Carnival specifications.

Archived