Cabin for Four on the Dawn

OceanBull

We just back a couple of weeks ago from the Sky and loved it so much we went ahead and plopped down $250 on another cruise. Now we are trying to decided which one. We are looking at a % day cruise out of Miami on the Dawn.

Has anybody had four in a cabin on the Dawn? NCL is showing four can fit in some of the ocean view rooms or in one of the mini-suites. How do they cram four in the ocean view rooms? Is it worth another $500 for the mini-suite? Our kids are going to 4 and 2 at the time so a lot of room is not neccessary but I'm leaning towards the suite.

I imagine the 4 year can sleep on the fold out and the 2 year old in a pack and play. I know we could not have put four of us in our cabin on the Sky...thank goodness both sets of grandparents went to help keep the kids!

I have stayed in a Mini-Suite on the Dawn 3 times. We have only sailed with 3 of us in the cabin and we were fine. After they open the couch it takes up quite a bit of room though.

I don't know you would have enough room for a pack and play, but if you could work it out both kids could sleep on the pull out.

The image I am attaching is the pull out opened. You can see in the pic that there isn't much room between that and the cabinet. There is walking space to go out on the balcony though.

913853127_Cruiseand50th045.jpg.01af8fa9a91ece23d8b0cd77f15c314b.jpg

I would not call mini-suite a suite. This has been a long time pet peeve of many cc members. It should be reclassed as deluxe balcony. It does not have "suite perks" as full suites do. That aside, we had three adults in a mini just fine except with sofa bed out it really takes up the whole walkway and I can't imagine any floorspace left for what you described for two year old.

I would opt for the mini-suite (aka Deluxe Balcony) simply because of the balcony. It's great at night when the little ones go to sleep, you can go out on your balcony with a couple of drinks (or snacks or both) and watch the ocean go by without disturbing the kids. And, there will be more room for the Pack N Play.

We just back a couple of weeks ago from the Sky and loved it so much we went ahead and plopped down $250 on another cruise. Now we are trying to decided which one. We are looking at a % day cruise out of Miami on the Dawn.

Has anybody had four in a cabin on the Dawn? NCL is showing four can fit in some of the ocean view rooms or in one of the mini-suites. How do they cram four in the ocean view rooms? Is it worth another $500 for the mini-suite? Our kids are going to 4 and 2 at the time so a lot of room is not neccessary but I'm leaning towards the suite.

I imagine the 4 year can sleep on the fold out and the 2 year old in a pack and play. I know we could not have put four of us in our cabin on the Sky...thank goodness both sets of grandparents went to help keep the kids!

The insides and ocean view rooms are tiny on Dawn. We had a sideways cabin that would sleep 4: two single beds, a trundle under one of them, making it wall to wall bed, and 1 pullman. I recently saw an innovative arrangement, however, with the trundle put along the short wall and the 2nd twin bed perpendicular to it, giving at least a little foot room. We were only 2 so did not have to deal with all that. It was tight even with 2. Closet space is VERY limited. No sofa, just a chair at the desk and a "foot stool" type chair.

Although at your kids' ages, they could possibly sleep on a couch not pulled out in the mini-suite, affording you much for space for walking to the balcony. if the total price is only $500 difference, yes, it would be worth it for 4 people.

We just got off the Dawn...

My husband, 18 year old son, 10 year old daughter and myself in an inside stateroom. We were quite cozy, but as people before me have mentioned, we were rarely in the room. The room had 2 twin beds (that could be pushed together to make a queen bed), 1 pull down top bunk, and a cot that is housed under one of the twin beds. When we weren't sleeping the top bunk was put up and the cot was returned under the bed. When the twin beds are seperated, the cot fits snuggly between them, there is no need for the pack and play.

Also, they no longer have laundry facilities. The cabin steward will give you a laundry bag and for $24 they will launder everything you can manage to squeeze into that laundry bag and return it to you in 2 days.

Hope this helps!

Archived