DESTINY - Riviera or Main Deck?

cdamion

I am looking to book my first cruise on the Destiny. I am looking at Cat 5A, 6A or 6B. On the shorter cruise I am not so concerned with having a balcony.

Does anybody have feedback regarding the Riviera and Main Decks where these cabins are located. It looks like with the Main Deck you will be under the theater or dining rooms, which on the Riviera Deck you are over who knows what, but under guest cabins.

Which of the two are likely to be quieter?

Any specific comments on the 5A porthole rooms on Destiny?

Thanks!

I'd also be curious to hear anyone's input on cat. 5A -- I have one booked for October. Not too concerned about the seasickness aspect (although 25' waves... yikes!) but moreso layout and surrounding areas.

For what it's worth, the PVP said that it was identical to 6A & 6B, except there are portholes instead of the big window. He said the size and layout are identical.

I just wonder how much noise we would get from either the showroom above the main deck, or whatever is below the Riviera Deck rooms.

Anybody?

had a room on the Glory it was either above or under the main entertaining room and it was very loud. We didnt party all night and when we went to bed you could practically hear the whole show. I would not recommend a room below it.

We had a 6B on Riviera deck in December. The only noise we heard was when we were pulling into port. Some vibration from the engines from being so low down. The cabin was great, however.

There are some pictures of our cabin if you click on the Destiny link in my signature.

I was on the Riviera deck on Destiny. I prefer the middle inside, as you feel no waves. And as far as noise, it was really quiet. My friends were on the upper deck on the same cruise and they said there was alot of traffic outside their room. Hope that helped.

Thanks for the input! We have booked a 5A on the Riviera deck. We didn't really want an interior room, but don't need a balcony on such a short cruise. We'll save the money for a balcony on an Alaska cruise down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

As an FYI to you or anyone who might come across this in the future and want to book a 5A.....

At least on the Destiny, Carnival has changed the category number of these rooms to a 4B. I noticed this on my reservation, and called up Carnival to make sure that I was still in the room I was supposed to be in, not an interior.

The reasoning behind the change was apparently that people assume an oceanview has a picture window, and would be upset when they got to their room and found portholes. If they think they're getting an interior and then end up with portholes, they're happy.

This works out well for those of us doing Early Saver; there are a lot more 4Bs and the price is likely to drop on them!!

Holy cow!!! Thanks for the info. I had a 5A (now 4a) booked. The rate is much lower. Time to call my PVP.

Thank you!!

Just a note - on Riviera the 5A's are now 4A's. On Main, the 5A's are now 4B's. At least on Destiny.

Archived