MSC & Passport question

sweet sheep

I read somewhere that MSC keeps your passport until the end of the cruise? Is this true? I do not choose to give up my passport as it is personal identification especially in foreign ports.

Please let me know the truth here and thank you.

NO ONE kept my passport! They do, however, keep your room card/key at the end of the cruise which I was sad to see them do. I always keep that as a souvenir and to put into my scrapbook. But no, to answer your question- they do not take your passport.

I read somewhere that MSC keeps your passport until the end of the cruise? Is this true? I do not choose to give up my passport as it is personal identification especially in foreign ports.

Please let me know the truth here and thank you.

Just off the Orchestra 4/04-4/11. I had heard this too, but it never happened. Kept Passports in my possession the entire time.

NO ONE kept my passport! They do, however, keep your room card/key at the end of the cruise which I was sad to see them do. I always keep that as a souvenir and to put into my scrapbook. But no, to answer your question- they do not take your passport.

Why do you always post the same thing I do - only 15 seconds earlier? anim_rolleyes.gif

If you are on a European cruise they will keep the passports of non Europeans and vice versa. It is to enable local Immigration authorities to check passports when they come aboard and speed up clearance of the ship. personally I have no issue with this and much prefer it to the alternative to having to get my butt out of bed very early and present my passport to the Authorities (and probably have to wait in a queue to do so)

They give them back at the end of the cruise or at any ports where you would require them to leave or return to the ship. I can understand some people being concerned and i guess it would be an issue if you were to return late to the ship and be left behind.

I just checked & they let us keep our card in January. Unless I didn't realize it & just walked off with it. Sorry you didn't get to do the same!

I was prepared and took a picture of our cards....next best thing, I guess!

Someone in our group suggested telling them you lost your card and they will give you a duplicate card. Then you can keep the original card if it means that much to you. I prefer to remember the memories of the great cruise or just read Eva's review(Celebrat) it's like being there.

Marsha

Someone in our group suggested telling them you lost your card and they will give you a duplicate card. Then you can keep the original card if it means that much to you. I prefer to remember the memories of the great cruise or just read Eva's review(Celebrat) it's like being there.

Marsha

But I cannot knowingly tell a lie....so instead I took the picture and that will have to suffice. I agree....Eva's review and photos are the absolute best. She does such a great job on her reviews. Love her wit and the beautiful pics.

Archived