TA and price drops

Winterstale

Hi everyone - I'm sorry if I'm about to ask a question that's been asked a thousand times...but here goes...

I called last weekend from my car to book our cruise on the Splendor. Because I was zooming along in my car on the way to my nail appointment :D, I just called information and asked for "Carnival Cruise Line" and got connected to a travel agent who represented Carnival -- it wasn't until I had the whole thing half-way booked that I realized I wasn't talking directly to Carnival reservations. What can I say...it wasn't a great cell connection - LOL.

So here's my question -- I keep reading about people who've already booked having their price drop and the savings they're getting -- does this still happen when you book through a travel agent? I'm just curious as to how I can monitor that to make sure I'm getting the best deal out there.

We did book a specific cabin - we decided to spring for the 4S - the interior spa cabin - because we are spa junkies in a big way. Not sure if that will make a difference as far as savings are concerned.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Bridget

This is a TA specific question, i.e. depends on which TA you booked with. Some are really good about getting price drops and some wouldnt. I had one who wouldnt process the last one, hence I booked direct with Carnival this time. They lost me as a client because they said $60 wasnt worth their trouble to process.

Just ask your TA and they will tell you if they will honor price reductions. you need to watch daily, especially close to your cruise date and monitor it yourself and then contact your TA if the price does drop. Very few will monitor for you, why would they because it reduces the amount of commission they receive.

Archived