Need a hotel in Mobile where we can leave the car

eceteacher

We are sailing on the Holiday out of Mobile on June 29 arriving back on July 4. I would like to stay June 28 and July 4 in Mobile. Can anyone recommend a nice clean place with shuttle service to Port. Is there any one place that might offer a suite as there are 5 of us? Thanks for ideas.

We are sailing on the Holiday out of Mobile on June 29 arriving back on July 4. I would like to stay June 28 and July 4 in Mobile. Can anyone recommend a nice clean place with shuttle service to Port. Is there any one place that might offer a suite as there are 5 of us? Thanks for ideas.

You might want to try the Radisson Admiral Semmes downtown...I know they do the parking/shuttle thing.

If you want to see fireworks for the 4th you can watch the display on the riverfront which is walking distance from the Admiral Semmes or I also highly recommend going out to Hank Aaron Stadium on I-65 to watch the Mobile Baybears play...afterward they have a great fireworks display plus you'll get to watch a fun minor league ballgame.

The Hampton Inn Downtown on Royal St. is new - just opened this year and they were advertising a cruise package that included free parking for up to 6 nights. You can easily walk to the riverfront park to watch the fireworks, walk to the IMAX theatre and Exploreum as well if you have kids that will need entertainment and is within walking distance of restaurants.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MOBDTHX&promoId=134440002&cid=OH,HX,mobdt,CarnivalF

The Best Western at the Battleship Park offers free parking and shuttle. Just a short trip through the tunnel to the port. The Battleship is a nice attraction as well as the aircraft pavillion there. Close to great seafood dining on the causeway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

IF the hotel next to the battleship memorial is the Best Western, they do NOT have free shuttle service. They do have shuttle service, but we were charged about $30-ish a piece for rountrip. Cheaper than a taxi, but...

YMMV,

Thnkgrn

• 10 months later...

I was told parking is included but not the ride to the port that it is a 2 block walk or you can pay 5.00 to be taken there. One suggestion is to ride those may not want to walk with the luggage, drop off and come back to park and walk back. 1. if you are dropping off are there several lanes or do you get stuck in the termial gargage parking mess? 2. how early can you go? 3. did you drive and drop off or let the attendant take you?

ok just booked at the radisson for may30. they have a park and cruise package where you stay for 1 night, park your car for up to 6 nights , free shuttle back and forth to terminal and a $20 credit for breakfast.. all for $135 . this AINT BAD! But ya gotta call the hotell directly to get this rate. best online rate is 152 plus tax.

baf

Archived