5am arrival at FLL port..10:15 am SW fight..

Fatfish

Emerald Princess TA is due to arrive at 5 am on Sunday 10/11 and I'm thinking about booking a SW flight for 10:15 am from FLL....I've read some of the previous posts on this subject but does arriving at 5 am help us.....I know it's only 15 min taxi ride etc...Thanks for any input :D

Sure it does. IF the boat arrives on time at 5:00 it has a good amount of time to clear customs & get luggage off the ship while everyone is still sleeping. I would think you would be able to depart the boat at around 7:00 and have plenty of time for your flight.

I would also post on the Princess board to see if others have any experience with an early arrival time back and what time they got off the ship.

Sure it does. IF the boat arrives on time at 5:00 it has a good amount of time to clear customs & get luggage off the ship while everyone is still sleeping. I would think you would be able to depart the boat at around 7:00 and have plenty of time for your flight.

I would also post on the Princess board to see if others have any experience with an early arrival time back and what time they got off the ship.

Thanks for your reply and I will post on the Princess thread.

We have done multiple Princess cruises into/out of FLL. We have never booked a flight earlier than 11:15 am and we have been hard pressed to make that flight time on 2 occasions. A 10:15 am flight could be close but doable. The earliest that our Princess ships have started passenger debarkation (self-debark for passengers that could carry all their own luggage with 1 hand remaining free to hold to railings) was around 7:00 am. Those picking up luggage in terminal usually were called in groups starting at 7:30 - 7:45 am. Assuming no line up at Customs or for cabs, 10:15 am flight is possible but maybe stressful...

Just because the ship is scheduled to arrive at 5am does not mean that is when they will begin disembarkment. Most likely disembarkment won't begin until 7-7:30 if everything goes right.

Also, remember that coming back from Europe it is very likely that your ship will have to go through a crew inspection before passengers can begin disembarking.

I wouldn't plan on a flight before 11am.

Archived