Has anyone ever been curious....

TOPLE55

My screen name has several meanings. Like twocruisers, it stands for my wife and me. I also chose it because it has a nautical meaning: on the rivers the term "mark twain" meant mark number two which indicated safe water. And, finally, I chose it to represent my grandmother's belief that we are related to Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens). And to make it official my wife and I cruised on the Mississippi Queen in August.

I love gardening almost as much as cruising. Several years ago a friend got me "hooked" on growing irises. Now I grow over 400 varieties and love to share them with friends and neighbors. One of my friends called me "the Iris Lady" and it stuck.
Shae

Back in 1989 I had to come up with a "nick name" to use on the local BBS’s (Bulletin Board System’s) on a dial up 300bps modem. This is not to be confused with today’s standard 1,424,000bps on our standard 1.5meg cable / DSL line. Wow, did we come along way.

I always wanted to visit Alaska so we came up with something similar to Kodiak.

Kodiac :)

[quote name='Cruise38']This is a great thread. Congrats TOPPLE55 on winning the car - a great picture. The next cruise is always as good or better than the first.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!:) I'm very excited about our first cruise. Just wanted to make sure that I will anticipate the second as much as the first.:D

BTW....Rustynail....I'm a Jeff Gordon fan. Last race was very sad.:( (Should have won.)

Again....All these responses are great!!! I love learning about people. Especially great people like everyone here.:D

Interesting thread.....always curious how folks come up with screen names and/or passwords. Mine is my first name along with the nick name given to "natives or long time residents" of the 1000 Islands region of the St. Lawrence River. The river flows from Lake Ontario to the Bay of St. Lawrence and is the main entry to the rest of the Great Lakes. Although I'm not a native we are fortunate enough to have a summer home on Wellesley Island and spend as much time boating and golfing there as Upstate NY weather will allow. An interesting side note is that they have recently started several small cruise lines running ships through this region.

[quote name='River Rat Jim'] Although I'm not a native we are fortunate enough to have a summer home on Wellesley Island and spend as much time boating and golfing there as Upstate NY weather will allow.[/QUOTE]
My DH would be so jealous. Boating and golfing. Two of his favorite things.:D

I'm still enjoying all the responses!:) I know there are many more out there, and I hope that they will share with us. Thanks everyone.;)

[quote name='TOPLE55']My DH would be so jealous. Boating and golfing. Two of his favorite things.:D [/QUOTE]
Tople55:
This is the place to do both of those. Although Wellesley Island is only about 9 miles long we have three golf courses (we live on one) and as for boating....with enough time (and a large enough boat) you can get to just about anywhere you heart desires (i.e. even all the way to FL). LOL

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Mine just dropped into my head after several minutes of staring at the screen while starting up my registration. I'm just surprised I didn't think of the obvious one that an old boyfriend still likes to use to address letters to me: LJGFTV (which is short for Little Jewish Girl from the Valley -- yes, I was raised in the infamous San Fernando Valley, for shur).

[quote name='TOPLE55']On how different people come up with their screen names? How did you?[/QUOTE]
kryos is the name of my publishing company. We've published one book ... mine ... called "Falling Into Place." It's the story of one middle-aged woman's "misAdventures" in the Exciting Sport of ... Skydiving! :) Hence the avatar as well. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived