Looking for a Snorkeling Tour in Papeete

Ya Ya Cruiser

I've been searching the tahiti websites - followed the links provided on the boards, but can't seem to find anyone who provides snorkelling tours in Papeete; I find circle tours, 4x4 tours, diving excursions, surfing, windsurfing, - you get the picture, but no snorkeling - anyone have any suggestions for tour guides in Papeete?

I"m not really keen on renting a car and doing it on our own, but if that's the best way to do it, then so be it, but I'm hoping folks who have been to Papeete before would be able to provide some guidance. Is this the kind of port where a ship's tour is the best option? We are on HAL

Thanks

YaYa

I've been searching the tahiti websites - followed the links provided on the boards, but can't seem to find anyone who provides snorkelling tours in Papeete; I find circle tours, 4x4 tours, diving excursions, surfing, windsurfing, - you get the picture, but no snorkeling - anyone have any suggestions for tour guides in Papeete?

I"m not really keen on renting a car and doing it on our own, but if that's the best way to do it, then so be it, but I'm hoping folks who have been to Papeete before would be able to provide some guidance. Is this the kind of port where a ship's tour is the best option? We are on HAL

Thanks

YaYa

We have been to Papeete and the surrounding islands 5 X's now. I have yet to hear of or see any snorkeling tours offered from Papeete. In fact, you will find very few beaches that are worth the trouble around Papeete. Wait until you get to the other islands, snorkeling is wonderful there. ;)

Thanks for your responses - that explains alot - guess there's a reason when you can't find a particular tour.:)

Guess I'll have to rethink this particular stop.

YaYa

Just keep in mind, shorkeling in Bora Bora or Moorea is fantastic, lots of coral reefs. And Moorea is very close and easily accessible by the ferry next to the main cruise port. Definitely worth the trip if you are interested in beautiful beaches and snorkeling. Enjoy!

Archived