The Pearl 04/05 - 04/12...Finally it's my turn!!!

Princess Pearl

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your room once the couch is made out for the night would you?I love all of the chilled fruit soups too and am glad to get the recipe for the chilled banana soup!Thanks in advance, just in case you have a picture or two you can post!:D

Don't need picture. Here's a picture for you ;)

Wall To Wall Bed :eek: :p

hehehe

Instead of leaving your bags out your cabin door the night before, you keep them inside the cabin and carry them off the ship when you leave the next day. Express disembarkation is first off. The only problem is it isn't express at all, its almost everyone.

People line up with their luggage an hour before the line is open. The line goes around the ship, but others break in from the stacked stairwells and elevators. Its really no line at all either. Its a mass exodus.

Me, I rather sit in my cabin and wait an hour to walk off easily without any line. Everyone complains about lines, but they thrust themselves into one.

Its been my experience that almost everyone wants to be the first off the ship. By the time the mass exodus is done, they call the several color tags off within 15 minutes. I would rather wait until the rush is over drinking a cup of coffee than join that cattle line. The mass exodus takes about an hour to an hour and a half to depart, those who wait for colors are off within another 15 minutes.

Passengers line up for the cattle line before the ship even docks hours before they are able to depart the ship. So you arrive home an hour later, big deal?

I made it yesterday and it turned out fantastic! I mostly just eyeballed the amounts. If you look at the labels on the back of the yogurt and buttermilk usually they give you serving size in both metric and standard. Go lighter on the yogurt tho, you can always add more...but if it gets too strong you can't really "un-do" it. You only need like half a banana. It's the banana ice cream that was the challenge. Good luck finding that! :)

I couldn't find the banana ice cream. Perhaps some banana liquor added???? It certainly couldn't hurt!

The express deparkation worked well for us last spring in Vancounver. Think your situation on the Star was because of two ships as someone said. The beauty of it is you do not have to pack the night before or be in a rush to meet a certain time period. We ate, packed and walked right off the ship in a leisurely manner. Liked it.

I totally agree... I would much rather chill on the ship and exit at the final possible moment. What's the rush?

Only problem is that we had an early flight to catch so we lined up. Not a fun experience. Next time I will choose a later flight - but not much later. Don't want to be sitting around an airport all day.

-aj

I can't find turned down for the night, but do have a picture of the morning aftermath. Please pardon the mess! :o

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. And don't worry about the mess - didn't look bad at all!

thank you!

Archived