egypt excursion, give passport#?

montrealmaria

Hi,

Thanks for all the advise on this site.

I've e-mailed quit a few companies that give us a full day excursion from Alexandria to Cairo. We are vacationing with our 3 teenage boys in July on the RC Legend of the Sea.

I have 2 questions...

1. One of the excursion companies asked for:

"send name. nationality, passport #, so we can arrange permission to meet u inside the port."

I am a little uncomfortable sending my passport #, is this a common request that I should not worry about?

2. What is the difference betwen the Egyptian Museum and the National Archeological Museum.

Thanks,

Maria

Hi,

Thanks for all the advise on this site.

I've e-mailed quit a few companies that give us a full day excursion from Alexandria to Cairo. We are vacationing with our 3 teenage boys in July on the RC Legend of the Sea.

I have 2 questions...

1. One of the excursion companies asked for:

"send name. nationality, passport #, so we can arrange permission to meet u inside the port."

I am a little uncomfortable sending my passport #, is this a common request that I should not worry about? Yes, this is common and you should not worry about it.

2. What is the difference betwen the Egyptian Museum and the National Archeological Museum. Night and day - go to the Egyptian Museum.

Thanks,

Maria

and go to Giza.

Due to the tight security necessary at the ports we had to give our passport information for our group of 10 to the tour company in advance of our trip in January on the NCL Jade. No problems whatsoever. Apparently, the tour companies have to provide a list at the port with all their tour passengers names, passport numbers, nationalities, etc. in order to gain admission to the port. Not sure how long this regulation has been in effect in Egypt.

The Egyptian Museum of Cairo is the one with the King Tut exhibit, mummy rooms, etc. It is THE museum to see , in my opinion, although I have never been to the National Archeological Museum.

Archived