Something Cool for Birthday on FOS

Would appreciate a good suggestion for something memorable for our son who will be celebrating his 20th Birthday on Freedom on 28th July 2009 [which is a sea day].

Many thanks

TeenaDee

TeenaDee You can order a Birthday cake online and stateroom decorations and I presume you'll be bringing/giving him your own special present.

You should decorate the room for sure! Do the b-day cake thing, and maybe Chops or Portofino for dinner the night of his b-day? Maybe a really cool excursion that you hear him talking about? Happy cruising :)

How about getting a long blank sheet of paper (poster type) and attaching it to your cabin door. Place a note on it asking everyone who passes by to leave a "birthday" message (including where they are from) for your son. You can attach a Sharpie or pen to a string then wrap it around your door handle so they have something to write with.

Would appreciate a good suggestion for something memorable for our son who will be celebrating his 20th Birthday on Freedom on 28th July 2009 [which is a sea day].

Many thanks

TeenaDee

Hey don't know if he would like this but I've seen and heard that you can take a private boxing lesson the Freedom class ships as well. They have a pro-style boxing ring and everything. Check into that. That would be kinda cool if I was turning 20.

Hope this helps.

How about getting a long blank sheet of paper (poster type) and attaching it to your cabin door. Place a note on it asking everyone who passes by to leave a "birthday" message (including where they are from) for your son. You can attach a Sharpie or pen to a string then wrap it around your door handle so they have something to write with.

I hate to knock what sounds like a cute idea, but in my college dorm leaving a sheet or board for messages on your door was an invitation for rude words and dirty pictures to be left. Given the combination of passers by, alcohol, anonymity on the ship, this might not turn out so cool.

I hate to knock what sounds like a cute idea' date=' but in my college dorm leaving a sheet or board for messages on your door was an invitation for rude words and dirty pictures to be left. Given the combination of passers by, alcohol, anonymity on the ship, this might not turn out so cool.[/quote']

Kinda agree that this may not turn out as intended. Expanding on the original idea, why not get a frame mounting border and try to get many of the ship's staff to sign it (including where they are from). You can then take a photo from the cruise and frame it all for him.

Neat ideas! My daughter will be 10 years old on our cruise. I hadn't thought about decorating the room... we are new cruisers, so I didn't know that was OK. Guess I just never thought about it. So it's ok to pin/tape up some fun things? We are on St. Lucia that day and have a trip planned with Cosol (her pick for that day!). Any other ideas for a 10 year old as well? Does the ship do anything special for birthdays? They have her info on our reservation, but I didn't think anyone would actually look at it. My girl would love to be the center of attention, so I'm guessing if I tell the wait staff they might sing? She would love that!

(Sorry to scoop your thread OP). I love the flow rider idea for the 20 year old. My son is a surfer and has done flow riders and they are hard, but lots of fun.

Kim

Neat ideas! My daughter will be 10 years old on our cruise. I hadn't thought about decorating the room... we are new cruisers, so I didn't know that was OK. Guess I just never thought about it. So it's ok to pin/tape up some fun things? We are on St. Lucia that day and have a trip planned with Cosol (her pick for that day!). Any other ideas for a 10 year old as well? Does the ship do anything special for birthdays? They have her info on our reservation, but I didn't think anyone would actually look at it. My girl would love to be the center of attention, so I'm guessing if I tell the wait staff they might sing? She would love that!

(Sorry to scoop your thread OP). I love the flow rider idea for the 20 year old. My son is a surfer and has done flow riders and they are hard, but lots of fun.

Kim

A group of musicians came around and sang "happy birthday" and played a violin for my daughter when she turned 16 on the Explorer. Not sure if this is done on all ships. This was on formal night during dinner and she got a cake, too. We also ordered the room decorations for her room which she was sharing with her best friend. We will be celebrating her 21st this summer on the Freedom.:D

How much money is the private lesson on the flow rider?

The last I heard on the boards it was $60/person and u are in a group of 8 or $300 dollars for one hour for u alone or anyone else u want tobe with u. We are planning on doing this for DD and her friend as she is celebrating her sweet 16 the cruise was her gift. She is taking her best friend with her. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D Thanks to everyone for great ideas; initial thoughts are to get the cake and decorations and a private Flowrider session altough some of the other ideas are great too.

Our younger son will be with us and he will just have had his 18th before we leave the UK so presumably they could have a joint 1 Hour Flowrider lesson just for the two of them ? - that would be really cool !!.

Thanks once again but anymore good ones keep them coming

Archived