Photo CD on board

niknik

Does anyone know if RCCL offers a service to make you a photo CD of the pictures on a compact flash cards?

When we were on the Serenade of the Seas in October they would make a CD from your Compact Flash. I don't recall the cost but I recall it seemed on the expensive side for the (little) amount of effort it took the cruise staff.

When we were on the Serenade of the Seas in October they would make a CD from your Compact Flash. I don't recall the cost but I recall it seemed on the expensive side for the (little) amount of effort it took the cruise staff.

I was thinking that it would be expensive. Bummer!

Last week on the NOS I had my sons digital camera loaded on a disc. It cost $18.53. Only one stick per disc.

It is just by stick/card, or is there a photo number? My card holds 450 photos.

450 pictures is not enough for one cruise? What in the world are you going to take over 450 pictures of?

No, that's plenty enough. So I was saying since my card holds so much, would it still be the same price for that many since it's still once card, or do they set a price for not only the card, but the number of pictures on it....like 1 card or up to 100 pictures. Some people have 1.5GB cards that hold over 1,000 photos, so I didn't know if they charge more for that.

I do take a lot of photos. I'm a photographer, so I'm pretty picky and a lot get scrapped.

No, that's plenty enough. So I was saying since my card holds so much, would it still be the same price for that many since it's still once card, or do they set a price for not only the card, but the number of pictures on it....like 1 card or up to 100 pictures. Some people have 1.5GB cards that hold over 1,000 photos, so I didn't know if they charge more for that.

I do take a lot of photos. I'm a photographer, so I'm pretty picky and a lot get scrapped.

It´s one stick or as much as one CD holds. So as a CD doesn´t hold 1.5GB it would not be able to download it on a single CD.

How big is the actuall storage of the card? Regular sized CDs will hold 700 mb of data. In January on Explorer of the Seas I was charged 14.95 per cd. I didn't find it expensive at all when you consider how many photos you might waste money on printing them. You can go home pick out the ones you want and have your favorite (and less expensive) developer make them for you. Good luck!

And to the person who made the comment about not needing 450 photos, I'm also a photographer and on our last cruise took 10 rolls of film photos and a half a cd full of digital. Take as many photos as you want, because if you miss that shot you can't recreate it.

:) I always tell my husband "It's digital I can take as many as I want!" I now have a laptop for storage away from home. If you burn a lot of pics when you are traveling it may be worth it to look at other forms of digital media storage like Ipods, laptops and even some camera companies make them.

I am an on site photographer, so I own commercial equipment to print all of the photos myself that I want to keep, so I really take a lot so I'll have a good selection. My DH is getting me a Dell DJ for Christmas and it's got 20GB of storage space. I'll definitely be bringing that on my next cruise in February and the one after that in September so I can just jump dump my CF cards onto that when they get full!

TechKnowBabble: We probably have a ton in common since I am both an onsite event photographer and also a computer programmer.

I'm very lucky I don't have to haul my laptop with me. One of the fantastic new friends I've met through these boards (and the Meet & Mingle) is bringing his laptop and going to burn them to cd for me. I figure with a huge backpack full of camera equipment I don't need to carry a laptop too.

Since we're on this subject about photography, has anyone taken a regular (not underwater or waterproof) camera to Dunn's River Falls? I was wondering if I didn't climb up the falls but the back way if my camera would be safe. I want a quality shot of and from the top of the falls, something a disposable waterproof wouldn't give me

nikki...as long as you're not climbing in the falls, you'll be ok. There are stairs with landings along the way where you can get some great shots. I took my digital, went to the bottom and took some shots. Then went back up and put it in a locker, so I could climb the falls.

Archived