Joyce Prince- St. Maarten Tour Guide Recommendation

VODKAMARTINI

We just got back from a Celebrity Solstice Cruise in March 09 and while in St. Maarten we took a private tour, (2 of us), with Joyce Prince. She is most personable and sweet and very proud of her island, (she has been living there since a child). She let us decide what we would like to do and drove us to both sides of the island showing us the sites. She would stop whenever we wanted to take pictures and she had an ice chest full of soda, water and beer for us to enjoy. We asked her to drop us off at Orient Beach at the end of the tour and we spent the rest of the afternoon there. There were plenty of taxis at the beach to get us back to the ship. I recommend Joyce highly. She books up quickly so email or call and get your reservation made well in advance.

Sherry and Michael

Pearland, Tx.

• 2 weeks later...

Joyce took my husband, 2 children, and myself on a tour in April. She did a great job! She was so friendly! We didn't know what we wanted to do or see so she guided us along the way. We are not really shoppers so she took us on the French and Dutch side, sample guavaberry liqueur, saw Fort Louis (great photo spot), saw the planes fly overhead (my boys loved it!), and stopped at Orient Beach. She is very knowledgeable and I would highly recommend her!

Coiuld you give me some idea of the cost of the tour, please? There would be 4 adults. Thanks

This is the email I received from Joyce when I inquired. We only had 4 in our party and were charged $40 pp. Hope this helps:)

The price with others is $40 per person for 4 hours. if you wish to do a private tour with just the 4 of you it will be$200 for 4 hours.

Just for your information, some tour operators advertise full day tours to make it sound attractive but it is actually 2 and a half hours tour and then the rest of the time is spent on the beach. I give you 3 to 4 solid hours of tour time and info. I do not add beach time in my tour time because I don't think it is honest and some people don't want to do beach, therefore they are not compelled to, but if you choose to do the beach after the tour, I would be more than happy to return for you. My tour also includes water, beers or soft drinks. My tours are second to none

All of my tours are done by ME personally; I do not take dozens of people then pass them over to anyone else. I do not take more than 12 persons unless you belong to the same group and I do not rush my cruisers except when they need to get back to the ship on time.

If you decide to do a private tour with just your group, you do not have to follow the tour that I have mapped out. You can customize your tour to your desires.

This is the tour and you can add or take away anything as you desire. I am pretty flexible. Right after we meet at the time agreed upon, we will drive to the top of Monte Vista to get a beautiful panoramic view of Philipsburg, the (Dutch Capital) and also to look down on your ship from above and take photos. A drive through Philipsburg, the Dutch Capital. Then probably do some early morning shopping for jewelry, tshirts , perfumes, Liquor, cigarettes, cigars etc. These items are cheaper on St. Maarten than anywhere else in the Caribbean .

If you wish we will stop at the Guavaberry Factory for free tasting, St. Maarten Local Liquor, (Optional) we will then drive down the Pond fill while I point out several important places and give you the history of the Great Salt Pond etc, we will then go to Rimas for great wholesale prices on interesting souvenir, beach towels, hats, bathing suits, wraps, bags, trinkets, beach cover-ups, beautiful sundresses for big and small and Island shirts. (Optional).

We will head to Marigot (the French Capital) but not before, we stop for some more photo shoots on the Cole Bay Hill Look out Point.. Drive through the Airport and the Simpson Bay Marina Area, on to the border where the French meets the Dutch. We will stop at a few of the beaches if you so desire. Then on to Marigot for shopping. (optional). Through Grand Case, the restaurant village, and continue along the coast while we take in some of the Island 's natural beauty. On Over to Orient (the nude beach) Optional.

We can design your tour to have lunch on the island if you choose but it will definitely be more than the 3 hours so therefore that will be extra charge.

If there is anything you heard about and would like to make a stop, I will be delighted to do so.

Remember these are just some of the stops, if you want a longer tour like driving through the interior, which can be arranged for an additional cost. If you want to be dropped at the beach and be picked up later, that can also be arranged at an additional cost. If you prefer to do a complete personal tour with just you and your family, that can also be arranged as long as the date is available but remember this will be more costly.

If you wish to reserve the date, I request a credit card to hold it but the actual payment is requested in cash upon completion of the tour. If you wish to call in your credit card, you can call me anytime at 011-599-526-5252- Please take note of that. If calling is too costly, you can split up the number and send it in several emails. Once you reserve the date we will discuss meeting time and place

Warm regards,

Joyce

We were on the Jewel OS in 2007. Six of us went on a tour with Joyce Prince and there wasn't a complaint to have with her. We specifically asked for a stop at Maho Beach to see the airplanes come for a landing right over you. There is a bar and a radio on so you can her the pilot and tower talking. There's a list of flight numbers on a surfboard with the type of plane arriving. It was awesome. We had lunch there and we also bought her's. She is a fine lady and I highly recommend her for a tour. We love Ste. Maarten and will reserve a tour her everytime we visit. She is worth every penny!

Judy

I just wanted to say that I would also recommend Joyce! We toured with her in April and had a great time! She answered any question we had and took us anywhere we wanted to go. She waited while we shopped at Rima's and hung out with us at Sunset Bar at Maho Beach.

Joyce is definitely worth the price!

Archived