Would you be worried?

SJChaput

What about buying your air thru Carnival as a package. I believe that even if you miss the ship departure time, they will get you to the next port. Just another option.

NO !!! LOL Please no !!! we, well many on here have had some pretty bad experiences lately with them. :D

Fred

Flying out of Green on SW you shouldnt have a problem and probably wont find a flight cheaper...

There is a direct flight out of Boston on Jet Blue at 6:35 am that gets you in to Tampa at 9:40.. could always spend your wedding nite in boston at the airport....if you miss that they then have a 7:05 or 7:30 so lots of options less stress :)

That's a good idea...

If the direct flight is delayed it would have to be delayed by a LOT to make me late for the ship... There are two backup flights that don't get in until 1:00... Still 3.5 hours before the boat leaves.

That leaves me with two contingencies.

How does this sound to everyone? The fare is good too at $119

Anyone fly Jet Blue before? I have never heard of them... Reliable?

Being from Boston, I would jump on the $129 flight so fast your head would spin. I paid 480 x3 for a Feb fight to Ft. Lauderdale. I bought it 9 months in advance and it wasn't non-stop. It was almost 300 less than the next highest fare though...

I don't see a 7:55 flight listed on their site... I only see an 8:55... That one arrives at noon... Scary close.

If you set on going on Sunday this flight would in my opinion be better than one leaving at 6am and lasting over 5 hours with a stop over. JMO

If moving the HM up a week is an option I would do that, I was against it when we were planning ours but it was the best decision. We were wiped out and needed the down time from all the planning to relax. We spent Sunday going through our gifts and using the week ahead to deposit checks/cash and letting our wedding day and all that happened sink and we are so glad we waited it was a nice stress free HM with no rushing around.

I know it's easy to say don't stess because I have been in your shoes :) I have been on 5 cruises and have two booked and thought we might have to resort to flying in the day of for our Oct one but I managed to find great airfare out of Providence and we will continue our tradition of going at least a day ahead, I know I am the type of person who needs that reassurance. Good luck :)

That's a good idea...

If the direct flight is delayed it would have to be delayed by a LOT to make me late for the ship... There are two backup flights that don't get in until 1:00... Still 3.5 hours before the boat leaves.

Love Jet Blue but I don't like flying out of Boston

If you set on going on Sunday this flight would in my opinion be better than one leaving at 6am and lasting over 5 hours with a stop over. JMO

If moving the HM up a week is an option I would do that, I was against it when we were planning ours but it was the best decision. We were wiped out and needed the down time from all the planning to relax. We spent Sunday going through our gifts and using the week ahead to deposit checks/cash and letting our wedding day and all that happened sink and we are so glad we waited it was a nice stress free HM with no rushing around.

I know it's easy to say don't stess because I have been in your shoes :) I have been on 5 cruises and have two booked and thought we might have to resort to flying in the day of for our Oct one but I managed to find great airfare out of Providence and we will continue our tradition of going at least a day ahead, I know I am the type of person who needs that reassurance. Good luck :)

We already put a deposit on the Sept. 6th cruise through Carnival... Will they let me roll the deposit to another cruise if we decide to move the honeymoon back?

The Southwest flight worries me because it arrives at noon, so there is very little room for delay.

Has anyone had any experience with Jet Blue? The direct flight leaves at 6:30 and arrives at 9:40... That gives me a lot of room for delay... Plus if it is going to be delayed for a long time there is another (with a layover) that leaves at 7:00 and another at 7:30.. Both getting in at noon...

At least if one is delayed I have a backup.

We already put a deposit on the Sept. 6th cruise through Carnival... Will they let me roll the deposit to another cruise if we decide to move the honeymoon back?

The Southwest flight worries me because it arrives at noon, so there is very little room for delay.

Has anyone had any experience with Jet Blue? The direct flight leaves at 6:30 and arrives at 9:40... That gives me a lot of room for delay... Plus if it is going to be delayed for a long time there is another (with a layover) that leaves at 7:00 and another at 7:30.. Both getting in at noon...

At least if one is delayed I have a backup.

I am not sure how they work their deposits because I have never had to change a cruise but Wennfred will more than likely know :)

I am getting married on Sept. 5th in Rhode Island.

I would be worried if I were invited.

Last wedding I went to in Rhode Island, the cocktail hour consisted of a hunk of cheese and cash bar, and dinner was served family style. :eek:

That's a good idea...

What are the backup flights out of BOS that get you to TPA before 1pm? I see a 7:05am and a 7:30am that connect in JFK (:eek::eek::eek:) getting to TPA at 1:29pm. NOT where you want to connect on your way to your cruise!

Jetblue is a great airline. All leather seats, nice snacks, and free Direct TV.

However, keep in mind that being a low cost carrier, they DON'T have interline agreements with other airlines. This means that if your flight is cancelled and they need to re-book you, they can't do so on another airline. They HAVE to re-book you on the next Jetblue flight WITH SEATS AVAILABLE (As a reminder, you're flying on a holiday weekend, and on a Sunday. Flights WILL be full). Looking at September 6th, there's a 6:35am flight, but the next nonstop flight to TPA is not until 5:05pm! :eek:

As many have said before, try to leave the night before after the reception, or try to change your honeymoon date. I know that leaving on the honeymoon immediately after the wedding sounds "so romantic", but TRUST ME, it's NOT when you're boarding the ship still exhausted/hung over/tired/stressed from all the wedding celebrations!

I would be worried if I were invited.

Last wedding I went to in Rhode Island, the cocktail hour consisted of a hunk of cheese and cash bar, and dinner was served family style. :eek:

Wow:mad: ... i could actually be offended :eek: doesnt sound like any of my friends and family ( born raised , and lived im RI for 40 years )

What are the backup flights out of BOS that get you to TPA before 1pm?

Jetblue is a great airline. All leather seats, nice snacks, and free Direct TV.

However, keep in mind that being a low cost carrier, they DON'T have interline agreements with other airlines. This means that if your flight is cancelled and they need to re-book you, they can't do so on another airline. They HAVE to re-book you on the next Jetblue flight. Looking at September 6th, there's a 6:35am flight, but the next nonstop flight to TPA is not until 5:05pm! :eek:

As many have said before, try to leave the night before after the reception, or try to change your honeymoon date. I know that leaving on the honeymoon immediately after the wedding sounds "so romantic", but TRUST ME, it's NOT when you're boarding the ship still exhausted/hung over/tired/stressed from all the wedding celebrations!

The later jet blue flights land at 1:29 ..not direct .

I don't know what to do really.

The insurance will give me all my money back if I miss my ship right?

If I missed the cruise on the 6th do you think there would be room on the cruise for the following week? How far ahead do they usually fill up.

The Jet Blue flight looks good...

I wonder how long before the flight takes off that we know it will be delayed... At 6 there is a flight that lands at about 11:00... The two that take off around 7 land at like 1ish...

A LOT has to go wrong to screw that up... Hoping for the best.

I would not be worried. As a matter of fact, did the same thing the day after my wedding :)

However, there is always a chance of flight problems, so travel insurance is highly recommended.

I don't know what to do really.

The insurance will give me all my money back if I miss my ship right?

If I missed the cruise on the 6th do you think there would be room on the cruise for the following week? How far ahead do they usually fill up.

The Jet Blue flight looks good...

I wonder how long before the flight takes off that we know it will be delayed... At 6 there is a flight that lands at about 11:00... The two that take off around 7 land at like 1ish...

A LOT has to go wrong to screw that up... Hoping for the best.

In a perfect world, it would be wonderful if you could arrive the day before your cruise leaves. Since you are getting married that day, that is impossible.

If it were me, I would book the earliest flight out of Boston on Jetblue and purchase the travel insurance for the entire trip. Also, although it may be pricey, I would stay at the hotel at the airport. When making your reservation with Jetblue, give them your cell phone number as your contact number, then leave that phone on the entire time you are at the hotel (in case Jetblue tries to reach you with flight updates). Also, make sure you have all the information on alternative Jetblue flights, which will allow you to get into Tampa in time (in case there is a problem with the original flight).

Good luck and Congratulations :)

My options seem to be as follows:

1) Get a ride to a Boston area hotel the night of my wedding, take a 4am shuttle to the airport and get on the 6:35am flight to Tampa that arrives at 9:40am.

This gives me a window of over 6 hours to get on the boat allowing for significant delays while still making it to the ship. I looked up the last few years worth of Sunday flights on Labor Day weekend from Boston to Tampa through Jet Blue and they have all actually left 10-15 minutes EARLY.

What exactly does the insurance cover as far as missing the ship?

The air traffic control people have suggestions on how to avoid flight delays.

*Go on flights before 8am (it is the first flight of the day)

*Go on Saturdays and Sunday. (it is)

*Take nonstop flights (it is)

2) Move the cruise to the following Sunday and fly in the day before.

My soon to be wife (:) I am a man) is dead against moving the trip... She doesn't want to get married and then go back to work on Monday and doesn't have the vacation time to take two weeks off.

I also already put the deposit down on the cruise and am not even sure if they would let us move it.

3) Move the wedding to Friday night.

Not sure if it is possible but if the DJ, priest and hall are available on that day it might be.

What do you think... I *think* the odds of the plane being delayed enough to miss the ship is slim... What say you?

I haven't looked into that but there aren't any flights from my area directly to Tampa in the late evening...

If I did find a flight half way I would still worry that the flight I catch in the morning would be late... Granted the flight time would be much shorter.

We're getting married 10/24/09. Planning on staying at the airport hotel, taking a shuttle over in the morning, and taking a flight out on the Sunday. We haven't booked the cruise yet, but we're looking at the Splendor out of LA.

I go on my 8th cruise in 32 days. Have never flown down early. Have never missed a cruise. YMMV.

Do you have a passport? If you miss the cruise your insuance will reimburse you for catching a flight to the next port of call , hotel and food expenses. Im sure what would happen if the ship cant tender at Grand Cayman. I guess hop another plane to Cozumel. Or hang out in the Caymans all week.

Just keep that insurance number handy and they should help you make any changes you need.

Good luck and Best Wishes.

Archived