When and with who should I book ?

sophiethd

Planning our 2nd cruise with Carnival. Our first cruise with them was in 1999 so i'm a bit rusty with this. I registered with the Carnival website and PVP contacted me with all sorts of information. We are planning for either Feb 27 or 28 2010 departure from Florida.

Should I book now ? What is really a good deal and how will I know i'm getting a deal ? Should I spend the extra for oceanview or balcony ?

Should I wait and speak to my TA for more advice or should I move forward with the PVP of Carnival Cruise line ?

Any help from all your experienced cruisers would be great.

Thanks

The Early Saver Rates are very good booking direct with a PVP just make sure you read the Terms and Conditions etc.

I have always booked myself with On Line agencies but this time booked with a PVP after a phone call to her for some info. She was excellent to deal with and the rates quoted were just as good or better than what I was seeing at different sites.

If you are happy with the rates and with the PVP I don't see why you wouldn't book with them. If it gives you a better sense of comfort talking to another TA first you should do that so you don't spend valuable cruise planning time second guessing your booking.

Good luck with it.

Use carnival.com to research the ships you're interested in and the amenities and the deckplans for cabin categories and locations. Have an idea of your desired category and cabin location(s) when you book, and have your deckplan ready when you book.

If you're flexible on schedule and such, check which dates are better fares. Use the Cruise Search box on carnival.com HOME page to selct Promos that you're eligible for (including PAST GUEST) and then search the cruise(s) you're interested in and the Promo Fares will appear IF they're currently offered. Carefully read the terms for Early Saver booking, which gives you up to a 30% or so lower initial fare and any price adjustments until several days before sailing, at the tradeoff of a non-refundable deposit if you cancel and names on the booking are NON-TRANSFERRABLE. It may be easier to book with PVP and let him/her advise you of any other specials.

ken

I would book now with a PVP and if your TA gives you a big discount so that its worth transferring then you can always transfer the booking later. Its a slight disadvantage to be booked with a TA, you cant see the modify booking button online, which I used last night to fix a incorrect phone number and the upsell dept cant call you directly. If the price drops you are at the mercy of getting hold of a TA who probably works fewer hours than the cruiseline etc.

I would only use a TA for a nice discount.

Thanks. Does everyone book their cruise first and then worry about flights later? Last time we cruised in '99, we booked the flights together with the cruise and that really didn't work for us as we missed the ship due to snow storms, had to meet the ship in Cayman Islands, this time I would prefer booking flights separate. I would like to know what others do ?

Archived