refrigerators on Valor

kmbic

IS there a frig in your stateroom that can be used? If so is there a freeezer area in it?

Yes, but not cold enough to keep anything cold. is it for Medication? Ask your Steward to provide an extra bucket of Ice.

Fred

IS there a frig in your stateroom that can be used? If so is there a freeezer area in it?

Just sailed on the Valor in March. We kept wine in the fridge and found it stayed nice and cold. The fridge comes stocked with goodies (for sale) which you can ask the cabin steward to remove so you have room for water.

Water in Rosie's Buffet is tasty so you could also bring some empty Gatorade bottles and keep refilling them with ice and water-this is what we did-worked well.

The mini-bars keep cold items cold. They will cool warm items but it takes longer than what we are used to at home. This question is asked often. Many regular posters reply saying they ask the steward to remove the items in the fridge so they can place their own items inside. I can see where this will only result in frustration. Placing a dozen 16 oz. bottles of warm beverages, water soda or other will take days to cool. Leaving the cold items in the fridge and adding just a few warm items will reduce the time to just a few hours. Chilling items in the ice bucket then adding them cold to the fridge works perfectly. The fridge is cold enough for medicines also unless it is malfunctioning.

YST is exactly correct. We use the trashcan as an ice bucket as well I simply put a hand towel under, the steward fills it for me and I ice my items that way. It works perfect for my wine.

I then put them in the fridge to stay cool for the week. I don't ask the steward to empty the fridge for me, I just dump it all in one of the drawers under the couch and let the steward know that's what I did.

Any soda, beer, wine or whatever that I have left over at the end of the week I leave for the stewards.

Archived