Triumph or Fantasy?

canjay95

We are looking to go on a cruise next January with several friends. We'd like to drive to our port so we've narrowed it down to New Orleans or Mobile. I was just wondering what you experts thought would be the better choice. Both ships go to Cozumel, so the itenerary isn't an issue.

I'd go with the Triumph because it's a newer and larger ship, plus cruising down the Mississippi is neat if you've never done it. New Orleans is also a cool city to visit if you so choose to extend your vacation on either side of the cruise.

We went out of Mobile last year, loved the port, was very organized and easy/quick to get through. Going out of NO this year, we'll see how we like it.

Like you, we are going to decide between Mobile/Fantasy and NO/Triumph next year for a trip with the kids. A big factor will be how easy this port is.

We did the Fantasy out of NOLA this year and had a blast. Still, if given the choice, I would have done the Triumph. Like the previous poster said, it's bigger and newer (though with the makeover on the Fantasy you'd never it was 20 years old). The Triumph also gives you more options for an itinerary.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

There is a CC Group Cruise for the Triumph next January!

It is a 7-day going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport with 3 sea days.

Check out the links in my signature for more information. Let me know if you have any questions. (Subtract $63 pp for the first two in the cabin -- these rates were done before they removed the fuel surcharge)

Archived