Question about cruise pricing

I am not sure I understand this so I was hoping to have it clarified for me.

When I book with my TA I receive a breakdown of: Cruise Fare, Port Tax & Govt Tax = the amount that I am paying for the cruise (per person of course)

When I am looking at prices on the Royal website are those prices the Cruise Fare and do not include the port and govt taxes? I read somewhere about port "charges" being included in the cruise fare, is this the same as port taxes? I hope I am making what I want to know clear.

TIA,

Laine

RCCL's website should say it does not include Gov't taxes...because the rates they show are the cruise fare and the *non-commissionable fares*....then as you proceed through the booking procress, you see that the Gov't taxes get added.....so your TA just broke it down to show the commissionable fare ( the cruise fare) and then the non-commissionable fares (port taxes and Gov't taxes).....so to answer your question....port taxes have different names depending on who you talk to......could be "port taxes" or "port charges" or the "non-commissionable fare"

Hope this helps

let me see if I got it or not

So the price listed on the Royal website would be my cruise fare including the port taxes/charges and then they would only add on the govt taxes.

Cruise fare + port taxes + govt taxes = cruise price from TA

Cruise fare (which already includes the port taxes) + govt taxes = cruise price from website

I am just trying to make sure that I am able to understand and price drops.

Thanks again!

To keep an eye on prices, go to the RCI website and start the booking process for your cruise. You can select the cruise and cabin type along with age, military, state, etc. and find out what the total will be now and use that to watch for price drops.

I would take out the price of the taxes and use that number (this should be the same on the website and your TA's breakdown--unless they are charging you any other fees) to compare for price drops. Also if checking the website, make sure to include your state. You may get a nice residency price drop (we just got $100 off per person for residency!!!)

Archived