vision-hawaii 9/17/04

we are doing the 12 night vision from vancouver to hawaii in september. does anyone who has cruised hawaii have any tips, must-sees, etc...?

we were on the navigator last april for the eastern caribbean and absolutely loved it. how is the smaller ship?

I think you'll love it ! I've sailed Vancouver to Hawaii (or reverse) on Rhapsody of the Seas and Legend of the Seas which are the same size as Vision and had fantastic trips on both. Also been a couple of times and going again this fall on Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii.

Many great excursions available. Try to see the helicopter flightseeing on Kauai -- just beautiful. Many snorkeling tours, volcano on Big Island, Luau if you've never been to one on the night in Lahaina Maui when it stays there overnight (tenders run all night)

If you're interested I have a couple of reviews which are listed here on Cruise Critics:

Legend of the Seas 05/03 Review

and

Radiance of the Seas 09/03 Review

which might be of some use to you.

Try to get some time in Vancouver before your cruise to enjoy some of our natural beauty as well. Enjoy your cruise !

Dave

http://community.webshots.com/user/davemaclean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Volendam Cruise - Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Radiance Cruise - Vancouver to Hawaii

I sailed the Vision from Hawaii to Ensenada a few years ago. It was wonderful. Have fun planning your trip! If you haven't reserved your rental cars.. do that soon as they have limited availability. We avoided all the cruise tours and did our own. Here's a link to the review I did back in 2000.

Enjoy planning your cruise!

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/reviews/readreview.php?id=0000000261

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

Have you visited the ports board here at Cruise Critic. The board there has some very regular locals that can help you make good decisions. There is so much to do, that you need to buy a good Hawaii guidebook and see what is of interest to you. Hawaii is beautiful, and there is no shortage of great restaurants, wonderful beaches, great snorkeling, whale watching, although I think you will be too early in the whale season.

jc

Legend of the Seas RCI 3/03 New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii, Adventure of the Seas RCI 2/02 Southern Caribbean, Radiance of the Seas RCI 10/01 Vancouver to Hawaii, Millennium Celebrity 10/00 Eastern Mediterranean, Galaxy Celebrity 12/99 Southern Caribbean, Sensation Carnival 4/98 Eastern Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas RCI 1/96 Western Caribbean

email me at xpcdoojk@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...

Dawnie, Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle on this trip? There is a small group on the board that is going on this cruise including myself. Go the the RCCL Meet and Mingle section and look for the Vision 9-17-04 cruise. You may have to dig in several pages because it moves quickly.

Vince

Archived