Snorkel in Cabo - equipment/wet suit

tulsacubfan

Do you know which tour company they are using? I have been on Pez Gato, Tropican, Eco Cat and Princessa and none of them had wetsuits so we skip snorkling now when we are there in May. According to another poster, this year the water is a bit warmer than normal but low 70's is still a bit cool to be in for snorkling- we were there last year for 2 weeks at that time and it was too cold to even swim in for more than a few minutes and I think it was high 60's that day.

Here's to warm water for your trip!:)

Do you know which tour company they are using? I have been on Pez Gato, Tropican, Eco Cat and Princessa and none of them had wetsuits so we skip snorkling now when we are there in May. According to another poster, this year the water is a bit warmer than normal but low 70's is still a bit cool to be in for snorkling- we were there last year for 2 weeks at that time and it was too cold to even swim in for more than a few minutes and I think it was high 60's that day.

Not sure who they use.

I'm thinking I don't get to snorkel often, so I may just have to suck it up and snorkel in 70 degree water! Kind of like going to see the Cubs play when it is cold and snowing!

• 1 month later...

Hi Househunter,

If you are around, could you rate those boats?

The Eco Cat looks the nicest but I'm thinking with it's size it wont be able to get close into the shore like the smaller cats can.

Hi Househunter,

If you are around, could you rate those boats?

The Eco Cat looks the nicest but I'm thinking with it's size it wont be able to get close into the shore like the smaller cats can.

That is true. We had to anchor out quite a bit further on the Eco Cat at Santa Maria bay and it was quite a swim to the reef area. The Eco Cat is a way nicer cat, it is huge! Real bathrooms, an actual bar on the first level and a really nice BBQ lunch. That said we have loved our many trips out on the Pez Gato and would book with them again. The lunch is just sandwiches and chips and the drinks are more limited but the crew is awesome! We have only done the Princessa once and did not like the crew as much and probably would not book with them again.

Archived