Bermuda taxi: US$ accepted?

limu

I booked an early morning horsebacking riding tour with spicelands and need to arrive at 6:30 AM (leaving 6 AM on a Thursday from Royal Dockyard). The posts at CC have been so helpful- thank you! I'm hoping someone can answer one more question- do the taxi drivers accept US dollars and credit cards or should I have some Bermuda Dollars handy? Also, how does one hail a taxi in Bermuda- can you do it anywhere or only at designated stands? Are taxis readily available througout all hours of the day and night? (Liza from Spicelands offered to arrange taxi service, but I want to make sure I know how to execute Plan B if necessary.)

US Dollars are accepted on the island in exactly the same way Bermudian Dollars are. No issues there. I would think out at the Dockyard there should be taxi's available, though at 6:00AM I am not 100% sure. In general we always call for cabs, unless we are in Hamilton, where they are easily hailable.

US Dollars are accepted on the island in exactly the same way Bermudian Dollars are. No issues there. I would think out at the Dockyard there should be taxi's available, though at 6:00AM I am not 100% sure. In general we always call for cabs, unless we are in Hamilton, where they are easily hailable.

Thank you!:)

I booked an early morning horsebacking riding tour with spicelands and need to arrive at 6:30 AM (leaving 6 AM on a Thursday from Royal Dockyard). The posts at CC have been so helpful- thank you! I'm hoping someone can answer one more question- do the taxi drivers accept US dollars and credit cards or should I have some Bermuda Dollars handy? Also, how does one hail a taxi in Bermuda- can you do it anywhere or only at designated stands? Are taxis readily available througout all hours of the day and night? (Liza from Spicelands offered to arrange taxi service, but I want to make sure I know how to execute Plan B if necessary.)

Most Taxi are not equipped to take credit cards. I doubt there will be a free cab at 6:30 am like other places the cabs work when people do and 6:30 is too early unless special arrangements are made and are subject to a 25% surcharge that early!

You hail a can just like in any big city or at a taxi stand or call for one.

They take US dollars. One bermudian dollar = one US.

(Liza from Spicelands offered to arrange taxi service, but I want to make sure I know how to execute Plan B if necessary.)

Friends did this tour last year. The cab was arranged through Spicelands and they had no problems. :)

Archived