Rooms At The Very Back Of The Ship

sherri.l

[quote name='elwhaite']Just got back from the Legend on Monday night. I really enjoyed the extended balcony we had. We were slightly to port side Empress Deck Aft (room 6262 if you're really curious :) ). I didn't notice motion/vibration that wasn't all over the ship. The seas were actually pretty calm, but we still felt a lot of motion all through the cruise. We found out the last night of the cruise from a crew/staff member that the captain gets some sort of fuel consumption kick back and makes an extra $3,000 or so a week from it! How is that conected to the motion? In order to use less fuel the captain of the Legend NEVER uses the stabilizers. All the motion we felt made a lot more sense knowing that. I had been on three cruises prior, all will seas that were comparable to the ones we experienced this cruise, and all the other cruises were smoother. Fortunately neither DM or I got sea sick. But it was sort of funny to watch everyone going into the dinning room for dinner because the whole crowd swayed back and forth together (us included!). :p[/QUOTE]

I'm a little worried about this!!! I didn't cruise for many years worried about getting sea sick, I get car sick all the time and I can't ride many rides at adventure parks. I read so many good thiongs about the Legend I wanted to give her a try. I got my bonnie packed hope it works!

I stayed on GLory 8455 and loved it!! Here is a link someone posted for me when I was trying to picture my room
[url="http://community.webshots.com/album/93500067nUgJex"]http://community.webshots.com/album/93500067nUgJex[/url]
hope that helps. Have a wonderful time.

[quote name='sherri.l']well we just returned fron the Valor on sunday. out room was 2477 , the back corner of the ship. we did feel vibration especially when they were docking but the room was great and the hallways very quiet. I guess I wouldn't hesitate booking the same room again , one just needs to weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

sherri.l[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sherri..... Were the vibrations subtle or were they really loud? Also, was it a pain getting around from that area? Thanks again :)

We were just on the Legend last month, in an aft wraparound balcony cabin(7298), and felt no vibration whatsoever. The Legend does have the Azipod system as does all Spirit class ships. Our last day out was very rough, so much in fact that it was greatly discussed on several earlier threads. It wasn't just the Legend, but all ships anywhere near the Bahamas. I was told that over half the ship were holed up in their cabins that day because of it. We felt the motion for sure, but no worse than anywhere else in the ship. The captain was both on the PA system as well as at the show apologizing for the motion, that it had been unexpected, but that it would calm down later in the day. And it did. I would sure hate to think that the captain had a ship full of paying customers and knew so many were sick from the motion and refused to put on the stablilizers just to line his pockets!:(

I too get very seasick, but never come on a cruise without the patch. That day it was well worth it. Can't say I didn't bounce around like everyone else, but I wasn't to the point of praying to the porcelain god either.:rolleyes:

Judyf, if you are in doubt at all, talk to your Dr. about the patch. I have used everything else on the market from bonine to the wrist bands...even in combination, and nothing has worked nearly as well for me as the patch.

We loved that aft cabin and balcony so much, that we have the exact same cabin booked on the Miracle for next year! That ought to be a ringing endorsement!:D

• 7 months later...

We have had Cat. 9A aft corner cabins on the Conquest and Valor. When you stand out on the balcony with your back up against the railing, you can look up and see people inside of the room. However, part of the balcony is covered, so they really cannot see too much.

The problem we experienced the most was with debris coming off of the top deck and on the last cruise, since we had one of the lower corner balconies, cigar and cigarette butts and ashes along with beer cans were on our balcony. Also, they hose off the top decks and the debris lands on the aft balconies, so be careful. I got a big gash in my foot with a piece of broken glass that was hosed onto our balcony.

The cabins are great. Have fun!

Mary

I had an aft corner balcony on the Veranda deck and the same on the Triumph and we found no more movement there then any where else on the ship. I just booked the Liberty and have and aft on that ship. I love being aft the view is amazing. Linda

on the Oct. 9th cruise...

I was in Room 8400 Balcony...

We were under the Buffet....so it was very quiet, except when

they moved the "tray tables" around....

NO one could see in our balcony.

Great room....only problem was the last day when we were in gale force winds, otherwise the trip was so calm I could not believe it.

Have fun....

I had an aft corner balcony on the Veranda deck and the same on the Triumph and we found no more movement there then any where else on the ship. I just booked the Liberty and have and aft on that ship. I love being aft the view is amazing. Linda

We just got off the Liberty from the 10/12 Med cruise. A couple in our group had a room on the 6th floor in the aft. The Victory louge is directly below deck 6. If you don't mind getting to sleep around 2 AM then it suppose to be good. The noise was bad. Our room also on the 6th and it was across from a laundry. So we had to put up with people running the machines all times of the night.

No matter what you should enjoy your cruise especially if you booked the Med cruise.

Archived