what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

Originally Posted by Tuna

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....

when all of a sudden it landed in front of my date who immedately slipped and fell under his blue suade shoes...

and got run over by a lady in a wheelchair out of control..............

Speaking of security line ( a few stories ago)...

During our first cruise, we had met a really nice couple, our age, that were leaving San Juan on the same flight as us.

We thought it was cool, so we hung out together until it was departure time.

As you know, you have to cram all your last minute items into a carry on bag...as we did.

So-there we are, at the security check point when my husband tosses our carry on garment bag on the conveyer belt. It goes through the machine and I walk through the scanner thing...

suddenly an alarm goes off and the woman scanning our bag yells out "I need this bag checked!" the checker person started feeling around the outside of our bag...there was something vibrating....and tube shaped....

"HONEY!!!" my husband yells out!! This got the rest of the people that weren't already paying attention, to look....

AAAGGHHHH!!!!

It was my battery operated TOOTHBRUSH that had turned on!!!!!!!!:o

• Like 1

...there was something vibrating....and tube shaped....

"HONEY!!!" my husband yells out!! This got the rest of the people that weren't already paying attention, to look....

AAAGGHHHH!!!!

Same thing happened to me n a business trip. I could hear this humming noise coming from my bag. I was glad now one else was with me. Now I take the batteries out before I pack - it really tore up the brissels (sp). I have no idea how long it had been vibrating.

... "HONEY!!!" my husband yells out!! This got the rest of the people that weren't already paying attention, to look....

AAAGGHHHH!!!!

I'm absolutely terrified of that happening! Like the above poster, I also remove the batteries from my toothbrush (and razor) before packing it. Because of my religious persuasion (born-again Christian) and the fact that I'm volunteer clergy for the NYC Dept. of Corrections, it would be especially embarrassing for me!

I'm absolutely terrified of that happening! Like the above poster, I also remove the batteries from my toothbrush (and razor) before packing it. Because of my religious persuasion (born-again Christian) and the fact that I'm volunteer clergy for the NYC Dept. of Corrections, it would be especially embarrassing for me!

how would a toothbrush or razor running be embarrassing.

both have happend to me several times,

I saw the following on another thread discussion about the use of walkie-talkies onboard, thought a copy would be enjoyed here:

Story from some place I can't remember. Wife is waiting in line for the dining room to open up. Hubby is not there. She gets on the walkie-talkie and asks where he is. He says he doesn't have any clean underwear. She says to put on yesterdays and get down here.

Of course everyone hears this. He walks in late and gets applause from all of those arround them. Don't know if his wife ever told him why.

George & MaryBeth

I have just read this entire thread from start to finish tonight---its making me want to go on my cruise now!!

One of my funniest stories is on our cruise a couple of years ago, my brother's best friend had just gotten back from Iraq 2 weeks before we left--he turned 21 in Iraq and was celebrating on the cruise!

One night, i saw him on deck 5 and he looked lost..my dad asked him what level he wanted to be on and he said 3 (that was where the room i iwas sharing wiith him and my brother was)..my dad told him that he was on 3 and Steve went walking away--still completely lost!

i finally had to walk him to our room---iti may not seem funny, but we still mention this everytimie we talk about that trip!

Not so funny, but odd, lol. On our cruise last year there was a woman wearing some sort of tiara thing, with brightly colored tendrells attached to it...she was also carrying a wand of some sort I believe. I believe she had at least a couple of different versions of it, and she wore them all the time. We'd see her in port wearing it, at dinner, everywhere, lol. Never really did figure out what the ocassion was, but she looked like she was having fun.

Not so funny, but odd, lol. On our cruise last year there was a woman wearing some sort of tiara thing, with brightly colored tendrells attached to it...she was also carrying a wand of some sort I believe. I believe she had at least a couple of different versions of it, and she wore them all the time. We'd see her in port wearing it, at dinner, everywhere, lol. Never really did figure out what the ocassion was, but she looked like she was having fun.

Sounds to me like she lost a bet...:D

Every darn cruise we go on, there are some yahoos with screaming, flying stuffed monkeys and rubber chickens in tuxes and evening gowns. Not to mention groucho glasses, pirate eye patches and burger king crowns.

Oh wait, that was US... *L* and our travelin buddies from Cleveland, living the "growing older , but not UP" life.

chickens.jpg.fec41d8f3b69f877b14f75f67d27fe58.jpg

monkeys.jpg.827e2c9107a00511de228bad521b3b81.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I were on the Facination last Memorial Day. He couldn't sleep so decided to take a walk about 3am. On the top deck there was a couple and she was on top and so on and so on.:eek:

Well, yeah...no one else is supposed to be awake at 3:00 a.m. :)

Just got back from Valor a few days ago. We were on the small deck in front watching us pull away from the dock. We could see all of the balconys on that side of the ship. All 4 ports, on the same balcony, we (along with everybody else) saw this couple naked and 'celebrating' on their balcony. I didn't find out about it until the last port, but my DH along with many other DH's never missed a port.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy all the stories on in this thread. It appears that in many instances we enjoy cruising so much we don't have ourt usual inhabitions. Which brings me to a story I would like to share...

My wife of 23 years is a lovely women who is typically conservative. On our last cruise I was sitting on the board that stretched across the main pool, whatching a crazy "survivor contest", while my wife enjoyed the contest from some distance away on a deck chair. One of the challenges was for the three men involved to run around the main deck gathering articles of clothing from willing women. Needless to say one high value article was a bikini top and the team with more of these would likely win the contest. I watched as very attractive woman to my left did one of those amazing women things where she takes off her top while using her wrap to concele herself, and hands the top to one of the guys running around. I noticed that she had what appeared to be her husband next to her and I thought Wow! she is pretty hot to be doing that in front of all these people, and her husband doesn't seem to mind. In the meanwhile the contestants arrive back on the stage and they have bikini parts tied all over their bodies. I notice one guy has a top that looks familiar to me tied around his leg, Hmm that looks like wifey's top..... So I glance over to my far right for the first time since this all started and see... My beautiful conservative wife with her hands over he chest trying to be modest with a see thru top on.... For a fleeting moment I was appalled then I realized that this is what makes cruising fun, sometimes pushing the envelope of our normal behavior. Cruising is so much fun when you get a kick out of people watching

• 2 weeks later...

The funniest thing we saw actually happened at the airport prior to our cruise. We were in line to have our luggage checked and there was a middle-aged couple ahead of us. When they opened her suitcase, there was a vibrator laying right on top of all her clothes. She turned about 10 shades of red and her husband starting laughing. Even the agent checking the luggage couldn't keep a straight face. She turned around and punched her husband in the arm (very hard I might add, lol). It was pretty funny, although I would not have wanted to be in her shoes! :D

Millenium 2002 Thanksgiving cruise I had gone up to the buffet to grab some fruit for DH and was surprised to see Pomegranates(he loves them) Pleased with myself, a pomegranate in each hand I trek back to our cabin. At one point a couple of 12 or 13 year olds walk past me, look at each other and laugh.When I finally reach the end of the corridor, I turn the corner and see a cabin attendant, broom in hand cleaning up pomegranates that were strewn all over the floor!

Talk about looking guilty! (He assured me he knew I hadn't done it)

I had a great time laughing about other people, so now is the time for others to laugh about us.

This happened on the Voyager last year: I was in the cabin reading when my husband came in because he really, really had to pee. He has long ago learned that when the ship is moving it is safer to do this sitting down. Well, he left the door halfway open, so I had no problem hearing him scream that the ship was on fire, the sprinkler system had just turned on and he was getting all wet. I didn’t get rained on in the cabin so I told him the ship was not on fire, that probably it was just a problem with the sprinkler in our bathroom. Since he is the glass half empty kind of guy, he was hysterically screaming a detailed description of what would happen if the bathroom flooded, then the cabin and then our side of the ship. I got up to see the extend of the flood, but realized that everything was ok with the sprinkler. What my husband had not realized that he was only getting “sprinkled” on the lower part of his body. When sitting down on the toilet, he had simply forgotten to place a certain part of his inside the toilet. As you can well imagine, his hysterical screaming turned into hysterical laughter when he realized that he was the one doing the sprinkling. Probably he did not realize at that moment that he was going to be the one doing the cleaning up afterwards.

I've just had such fun reading these as I prepare for my next cruise next week. I started writing down all my "funnies".

Here's a pre-cruise story:

We traveled on the Disney Wonder when my son was 5 and my daughter was about 1. My parents also joined us. We came down a day early and went to Disney. My daughter was in one of those rental strollers. We went to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. You need to park the strollers outside and you go through a dark maze and then board a boat for the ride. My father was wheeling the stroller with my daughter so I told him to leave the stroller there and proceeded to run after my son who had already entered the cave. We got on the boat and the ride started. I asked my father to hand me my daughter and he said (this is true!), "you told me to leave the stroller outside". I screamed that he was supposed to take her out first. This was the looongest ride I was ever on. I kept yelling for help but they said we just had to finish the ride.

When we got off, she was fine but I aged 10 years! She's 9 now and has been told the story and constantly reminds my father of when he left her outside the ride for anyone to steal!

That really made me laugh, I can imagine someone in my family doing that

I really enjoy all the stories on in this thread. It appears that in many instances we enjoy cruising so much we don't have ourt usual inhabitions. Which brings me to a story I would like to share...

My wife of 23 years is a lovely women who is typically conservative. On our last cruise I was sitting on the board that stretched across the main pool, whatching a crazy "survivor contest", while my wife enjoyed the contest from some distance away on a deck chair. One of the challenges was for the three men involved to run around the main deck gathering articles of clothing from willing women. Needless to say one high value article was a bikini top and the team with more of these would likely win the contest. I watched as very attractive woman to my left did one of those amazing women things where she takes off her top while using her wrap to concele herself, and hands the top to one of the guys running around. I noticed that she had what appeared to be her husband next to her and I thought Wow! she is pretty hot to be doing that in front of all these people, and her husband doesn't seem to mind. In the meanwhile the contestants arrive back on the stage and they have bikini parts tied all over their bodies. I notice one guy has a top that looks familiar to me tied around his leg, Hmm that looks like wifey's top..... So I glance over to my far right for the first time since this all started and see... My beautiful conservative wife with her hands over he chest trying to be modest with a see thru top on.... For a fleeting moment I was appalled then I realized that this is what makes cruising fun, sometimes pushing the envelope of our normal behavior. Cruising is so much fun when you get a kick out of people watching

The last cruise DH and I went on alone was the best! I thinkwe kind of let everything go and just enjoy the sights and join in when the feeling strikes! :) Our most recent cruises have involved my parents and kiddies, my in-laws (mom in-law booked when she found out I booked), family, family. Boy are we looking forward to March!!!!

Here's one last one for today:

I traveled with my family and parents to Hawaii for a cruise on the NCL Star. This was right after 9/11 and security was tight and the machines at the ports were new to everyone. We took a tour to the macadamia factory and bought nuts. My mom was the first to go through security when we were getting back onto the ship and there was a long line behind her. They made her open her bags and put everything through. Everyone from the tour was with us and she turned around and screamed, "Get ready everyone, they're going to check your nuts!)

I nearly fell on the floor and so did alot of other people. My poor mother had no idea why everyone was laughing.

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!