Oceana Cabin Choice help needed!!!

angiebabes

Thinking of booking Panama Canal cruise 2011 and wondered what are the best inside cabins to choice from??? Prices have gone up since we have booked Ventura Eastern Carribean Cruise 2010 outside cabin so any help would be appreicated!!

P/S Never cruised before!!!

All cabins of any grade tend to be identical so the only variation is location. Study the deck plans carefully. Cabins near the front tend to get the most movement but unlikely to be much in the Caribbean. Lower decks have less movement than higher decks and are usually cheaper. Look at decks above and below to see if there are likely to be any potential noisy areas, like late night venues, launderettes or under the lido deck which can be noisy when they rearrange the sun loungers early morning. Still leaves plenty of choice.

Brian

As your looking at an inside cabin, I would reccomend you have a good look at the deck plans of the ship. I'm not sure which of the decks have access to the forward viewing area (below the bridge) but 'A' deck certainly has.Access is gained to this area through a door at the front of ship leading out from the corridor.A fantastic place to stand on the approach to the canal. Going through the locks I always go down to the promenade deck to watch the engines (mules) guide the ship in and out.

Its a long day going through the canal but well worth the money, in my opinion, to go for a balcony as the commentary of the transit is on the ships TV as is the bow camera so you can watch from the balcony and listen to the commentary.

Its a great trip.

Jimmy

Archived