8 ppl from FLL to Marriott MIA

teelovescruising

Due to a BIG difference in price, we are flying into FLL, but staying at the Marriott Miami Airport with a few more of our family members who were lucky enough to get decent flights directly into MIA.

Will it be cheaper to take a shuttle or 2 cabs from FLL to the Marriott Miami Airport?

Do you recommend a particular shuttle company?

Thanks.

Due to a BIG difference in price, we are flying into FLL, but staying at the Marriott Miami Airport with a few more of our family members who were lucky enough to get decent flights directly into MIA.

Will it be cheaper to take a shuttle or 2 cabs from FLL to the Marriott Miami Airport?

Do you recommend a particular shuttle company?

Thanks.

Two cabs are going to run you approx. $70 plus gratuity each. I would contact Holland Limousine. They charged us $125 total (including gratuity) to transport 8 of us from FLL to Intercontinental Hotel in Miami. They transported us in a beautiful white stretch limo. They were extremely professional and met us at the airport. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

We have often cruised from Miami after flying into Ft. Lauderdale. We usually just stepped outside and ordered a taxi van. Fit 8 w/everyones luggage easily. I believe it cost us between $12-18 a person. Usually a 20-30 minute ride.

We have often cruised from Miami after flying into Ft. Lauderdale. We usually just stepped outside and ordered a taxi van. Fit 8 w/everyones luggage easily. I believe it cost us between $12-18 a person. Usually a 20-30 minute ride.

The cost now is actually $21 pp. That's going to run $168; I'd opt for the limo with Holland for less money. Eight people squeezed into a taxi with luggage isn't going to be terribly comfortable. A limo for less money would be the way to go, IMO.

The cost now is actually $21 pp. That's going to run $168; I'd opt for the limo with Holland for less money. Eight people squeezed into a taxi with luggage isn't going to be terribly comfortable. A limo for less money would be the way to go, IMO.

Not sure how much a limo is, but...

FLL -> Port of Miami is $140 for up to 11 passengers via "Go Airport Shuttle" www.floridalimo.com if you tell them you want the "Private van service."

I used them in March 2007 to take 9 of us from FLL to the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami (i.e. a Downtown Miami hotel) and they charged us the same rate as if we were going to the actual Port of Miami. Gathered our bags, went outside the door, contacted one of the guys on duty, and had our ride in about 10 minutes. Driver was courteous, safe, friendly, and made our trip enjoyable from FLL to HI - PoM.

From their website.

Private Van Service

GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE offers fully air conditioned 11 passenger Ford LTD vans with plenty of room for luggage.

These top of the line vehicles are just right for larger groups and/or parties requiring additional baggage capacity.

Some sample rates from FLL:

Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotels $80.00 to $90.00

Port Everglades – Cruise Terminal $80.00

Westin Diplomat Hotel $90.00

Port of Miami – Cruise Terminal $140.00

South Beach $140.00

Miami International Airport $142.50

Boca Raton $150.00

* See representative or contact us for additional rates.

* Above rates are for up to 11 passengers in your party.

* There will be additional charges for more than one stop.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of our starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

Enjoy!

GP

Archived