How do "formal nights" work?

SJChaput

your cut-off blue jeans and your Dale Earnhart #3 forever tee shirt

Heehee...... all too true. :D

I am REALLY looking forward to getting dressed up on my next cruise. I have so few chances to wear a great "wow" dress that I like to take them whenever they come up! I also would prefer to be slightly overdressed than slightly underdressed for any occasion, so that helps my decision.

I will be 18 weeks pregnant and don't have any formal dresses that fit me now. On a 7 night are there still 2 formal dinners? I have a black skirt and fancy top for one night, but just a long "Sunday dress" for the other. Do you think that will pass??:confused:

Yes, that will be just fine for both 'cruise elegant' nights.

Guest TropicOne

The Cruise Elegant dress code applies just in the dining room. One does not have to be in formal attire to look civilized.

Heehee...... all too true. :D

I am REALLY looking forward to getting dressed up on my next cruise. I have so few chances to wear a great "wow" dress that I like to take them whenever they come up! I also would prefer to be slightly overdressed than slightly underdressed for any occasion, so that helps my decision.

With what I have seen on my last several cruises you would have to be in your pj's to be under dressed on Carnival now. I just do not see any enforcement of the dress code. Two weeks ago on the Destiny I did see cut off daisy duke like shorts, tee shirt and flip flops at the next table and that was on the only formal night they had.

I can't imagine someone showing up in the dining room at night dressed down as far daisy dukes and flip flops. Maybe their luggage got lost. Dressed "casual" in one thing....but daisy dukes and flip flops in the dining room at night is just unthinkable to me!!!!

I wore a calf length little black dress ( supposed to be knee length, but I'm short) and a shimmery wrap and black strappy heels. I also wore sparkly jewelry. My husband wore Dockers, a dress shirt, a tie, and dress shoes. It was perfectly fine for elegant night. I actually saw a lot of guys wearing what my husband wore, very few wore suits. Then again it was in the 90 degree range outside. Too warm for a suit or tux in my opinion.

Maybe because its my first cruise, or its that Caddyshack vibe, but I'm looking foreward to Formal Night. So much so that I just bought a Tux! I was tempted to go the full formal, black tux pants and a white jacket, just seems sooooo James Bond, but them I remembered that I'm not always the neatest at dinner.

Another contributing factor is my GF loves me in a tux.. and I mean LOOOVES me in a tux.. so that doesn't hurt!

HH

1. Wear a sailing outfit and captain's hat (see the boat launch scene in Caddyshack to give you an idea).
  2. Call everyone "chap."
  3. Say "cheerio" a lot.
  4. Wear an ascot (see Fred from Scooby Doo).

You're good to go.

Judge Schmales!!!! Are you my pal?? How 'bout a Fresca!

Archived