Price matching w/o Early Saver before final payment?

SJChaput

I paid my deposit for a cruise in September and am naturally looking to see if I did truly get the best price.

I know that since I didn't get early saver that I don't get the price protection that works until so close to the cruise, but if I haven't made my final payment do I still get to adjust my price if Carnival offers a lower rate?

What if Carnival's rate is the same but I find a better publicly offered quote (Travelocity, Expedia, etc...) will they adjust my price?

Carnival isn't obligated to, and doesn't advertise to match TA's rates (except for their 48 Hour Price Protection Plan if you book direct with Carnival). Oftentimes the PVP may work with you to find a better Carnival Rate that you weren't aware of.

If you're OK with the Terms & Conditions of the Early Saver Rate (if availailable for your specific Cruise) you might consider "switching" your booking to an Early Saver Booking.

Otherwise, check carnival.com daily (or so) for possible rate drops for your Specific Cruise/Category, and up to Final Payment deadline you normally should be able to get the price adjustment. Note that many of the "sales" are clearly stated as being for "NEW BOOKINGS ONLY" which disqualifies you if you're already booked.

ken

The exception I can think of, is the cash back rate. Someone posted they had the cash back rate and they were told it was no longer offered for their cabin, and the price dropped $20 pp. They could get the reduction but lose the $240 cash back OBC.

I paid my deposit for a cruise in September and am naturally looking to see if I did truly get the best price.

I know that since I didn't get early saver that I don't get the price protection that works until so close to the cruise, but if I haven't made my final payment do I still get to adjust my price if Carnival offers a lower rate?

What if Carnival's rate is the same but I find a better publicly offered quote (Travelocity, Expedia, etc...) will they adjust my price?

Carnival will not match travel agent promotional rates.

Up until final payment, they will drop your price if the rate on YOUR cabin goes down. After final payment, they won't do a thing unless you've booked Early Saver.

Can you switch it to Early Saver Rate now or is it too close?

Archived